Grave Mistakes (An All American Story)

Part Six: (Final Part)

The feeling of someone rustling next to me slowly lifted me out of my sleep. I lay on my back and run a hand over my face as I yawn loudly.

"Y/N?" Jordan says with shock.

I slowly peel my eyes open to see Jordan staring at me with wide eyes as he sits himself up on the bed.

"Hey," I say, my voice still raspy from sleep.

"Did we..." He trails off as he motions between us.

"What? No, no, we didn't. You were drunk, of course I wouldn't do anything." I explain.

"Did I want to do anything?" He asks.

Pulling my hair out of my loose ponytail, I nod and he sighs.

"I am so sorry, Y/N. I don't know.. I'm just—"

"Jordan, take a deep breath. Everything is going to be okay." I reassure.

"Do you remember last night at all?" I add.

He shakes his head no and he runs a hand over his face.

"Well in a nutshell, you went to Chris's house and got drunk. Chris broke up with Olivia to be with me. You asked me to forgive you and I did, but in the process I lost Chris as a friend. When the party was over, you asked me to take you home, and then you asked me to stay. So I did.." I explain.

"So Chris left you as a friend because you forgave me?" He asks.

"No, Chris left me as a friend because we kissed." I say.

"We... we kissed?"

I nod and he adds:

"Y/N, I'm— I'm so sorry. How could I have been so stupid and reckless to go to Chris's house and kiss you? I completely understand if you want nothing to do with me. I-"

I clap my hand over his mouth and say:

"Jordan, I said to breathe. I am not mad at you about what happened last night. In fact, I.. wanted it to happen. I forgave you for a reason and you kissed me for that same reason, because I missed you just as much as you missed me."

Trying to take it all in, Jordan rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"But I get it if you want space, I'll just leave." I say, standing from the bed.

I slide on my sneakers and opens the door as I pull my hair into a tighter ponytail.

"Y/N?" I hear Jordan say.

Stopping in my tracks, I look over my shoulder and Jordan stands from the bed as well. He slowly approaches me and places a hand on my shoulder as he turns me around. He cups the sides of my face before pressing a warm kiss on my lips. Leaning into his touch, I link my hands behind his neck as I step towards him. He closes the door and locks it before effortlessly lifting me into his arms. I wrap my legs around his waist and pull off my shirt to throw it across the room.

He slowly backpedals himself onto the bed and I gently shove his back onto it as I press another kiss to his lips.