Second Chances (Beauty and the Beast Story)

Part Three:
"I can't believe you won," I whine as I fiddle with the strap of my duffel bag when I walk with Vincent on his way to his boathouse.

"Well, I am a—"

"If you even think about saying that you are a man, I will throw you into the ocean." I interrupt, making him chuckle.

We finally approach his boathouse, which is literally a miniatures two story house with floats. It looks small from the outsider but it is actually quite big on the inside. I set my duffel bag on the ground next to the door and Vincent tosses me a bottled water that I catch with ease.

"Okay, hit me with some of your questions. I like to hold up my end of the deal." I state.

"Did you actually hate me? Or do you hate Catherine?" He asks.

"I hate both of you, but I hate her more than you."

"I don't like sharing things, especially you. I try to hold onto you when Catherine became apart of your life, but that only made you pull away from me even more. And so, I gave up." I add.

"I have a feeling that we're going to have to drink something much stronger than water if we want to continue this conversation." He says as he pulls out a bottle of bourbon and two glasses.

"I concur," I say as I approach him.

Five glasses of bourbon later, Vincent and I are laying next to each other on the couch as we stare up at the ceiling,

"I have another question," he slurs.

"Shoot,"

"Even after everything that has happened, do you think that there is still a chance for us? If Catherine wasn't even in the picture." He asks.

"It doesn't matter because Catherine will always be in the picture," I say.

"But if she wasn't,"

"In an alternate universe, where Catherine isn't in your life.. yes, there would be a chance for us. But this is not an alternate universe, and Catherine is in your life." I explain.

"Well, I don't remember her, I remember you." He says.

"And I love you, not her." He adds.

"Eventually you will remember her, love like that always resurfaces.." Tears pinch my eyes and I stand up from the couch.

"I need a minute," I say with my hands on my hips as I make my way towards the window.

The soft sound of waves brushing against the side of the house soothes me as uncontrollable tears fall onto my cheeks.

"There is still a chance for us, why can't we take it?" He asks as he approaches me from behind.

"Because I can't afford to open my heart to you and you break it again."

"Then you have to trust me,"

"I can't do that,"

"Can you at least try?" He asks.

"I don't know if I want to," I say, slowly facing him.

"I don't believe you," He says, softly holding the side of my face in his hands.

**

The scent of eggs, bacon, French toast and pancakes laced with syrup and butter teases my nose as I slowly wake up from my slumber. The wind from tar slightly ajar window pushes and pulls the white curtain with ease, inviting the scent of seasalt and seaweed into the boathouse as well. My eyes fall to the clothes scattered upon the floor and that is when I put two and two together.

"You have got to be kidding me. Great job going cold turkey, Y/N." I scold myself.

I swing my legs over the edge of the bed a little too fast because my hangover is beating on the inside of my skull like an African drum. I slide my underwear and jeans up my legs and am in currently clipping on my bra when Vincent comes into the room with a tray of food beside a vial of ibuprofen.

"Uh.. did I miss something?" He asks.

"I can't stay here," I say as I pull on my shirt.

"What? Why?"

"Because my feelings for you are starting to resurface and I can't have that happen." I say, trying to push passed him.

I hear him set down the platter of food and the next thing I knew, he was in front of me.

"Vincent," I warn.

"What is so bad about having feelings for me?"

"Because you're bound to hurt me, Vincent. That's what you do, you're a heartbreaker. From when you were a firefighter, to a doctor and in the army. You capture hearts and you break them. That's what you naturally are, since before you were a beast." I say.

"Well you didn't seem to mind last night," He says.

Annoyed by his previous statement, I roll my eyes and make my way down the stairs.

"Wait, Y/N, I'm sorry. I didn't meant to s— I didn't mean to say that, okay?" He says, following me down the stairs.

"Please, give me a second chance." He adds, dashing in front of me once again.

"How do I know that you won't hurt me again? I don't, and that is not a risk I am willing to take." I say.

He cups the sides of my face and presses a soft kiss on my lips.

"I need you to trust me like you trusted me when we were in Afghanistan." He says, caressing my cheek with his thumb.

I gaze into his chocolate brown eyes as I debate whether I should give him a second chance. Though he has hurt me pretty bad in the past, we did have some pretty great moments. Oh what the hell, why not?

"Okay," I agree.

"But if you even think about hurting me in any way, I'm—"

"I won't," He interrupts.

"I promise," he adds.

Vincent's phone chimes and he pulls away hesitantly to check.

"It's Catherine," He says.

I smile as he silences his phone and puts it into a drawer. He wraps my legs around his waist in one swift motion and sits on the edge of the bed with me in his lap. I run my fingers through his dark brown, spikey hair as he looks up at me adoringly.

He tilts his head up and our lips meet in a warm kiss. He pulls me closer by my legs and my hands find the back of his neck. I tilt my head to the side to deepen the kiss and he falls onto his back, taking me with him. I release a small yelp when I fall abruptly onto his chest. I chuckle slightly as my gaze met his and he says;

"I love you,"

Multifandom!!! (Book 1) {CLOSED}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें