Killed in Action (2/3) [An All American Story]

I was in the middle of my shower when I hear a door slam followed by two voices yelling.

"Who? Who else is here, Jordan?" A girl accused.

Judging by her attitude, it was Hayden. Jordan's girlfriend.

"Who else would be here when your family is out for the night?" She asks.

Well this is going to end well.

I turn off the shower faucet and wrap a towel around my body. I open the door and brace myself for what was about to happen. I peek out of the bathroom and Hayden spots me immediately.

"I knew it," She says with a sad facial expression.

"No! Hayden, it's not what you think!" Jordan defends.

"That's what they all say," she says.

She spins on her heel to walk out of the house and Jordan says:

"She was out walking in the storm, and I saw her. What was I suppose to do? Leave her there?" Jordan says.

Hayden stops and turns to look at him with tear stained cheeks.

"Baby, I would never cheat on you, okay?" Jordan says as he cups her cheeks.

I look away as he kisses her and I walk into his room to find a T-shirt. I hear the door close and soon after Jordan appeared in his room.

"I'm sorry about that," he said with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"No.. it's fine. I shouldn't really be here anyway. I should go." I say.

I pull out one of his shirts from the drawer and look to him. He looks at me until he realized what I was insinuating.

"Oh, right! Sorry." He says before shutting the door.

I drop my towel and dry myself before pulling his shirt onto my body.

I pull my hair out from underneath the shirt and wrap the towel around my hair.

I open the door and walk into the living room.

"You mentioned leaving?" Jordan says as he hands me cup of hot cocoa.

"Yes.. I am leaving, I can't stay here." I say.

"Why not?" He asks.

"Because I don't want to cause anymore problems with you and your girlfriend or with Spencer and Leila. It's just better if I leave, so that is what I am going to do." I state.

"Thank you for the hospitality," I add.

"You're not going out there dressed like that," He states.

"I am,"

"No you're not,"

"Why were you out there, Y/N? You could have gotten hurt." He says softly.

"Nothing can match the amount of pain that I'm in." I say, with tears threatening my eyes.

"What do you mean? Are you hurt?" He asks, scanning my body.