Freshman Introduction [A Stomp The Yard Imagine] (1/3)

Truth University. Not my first choice but, considering my current circumstances, I don't have much of a choice. Some of my family died in the fire and those who are left in Georgia.. they need someone to console them. Therefore, my family moved from Boston, Massachusetts and are now here.

I step onto the campus for the first time and scan the population of the university. I bring three duffel bags; two of them are full of clothes and the other one was for my school supplies along with my actual backpack.

I walk to the building that says: Freshman Orientation on it. I walk passed a crowd of guys and they went quiet. But I could practically feel their gazes on me. I still walk with my head held high and set my shoulder back, because the worst thing I could do is show fear and intimidation.

I walk into the building and see four tables that are separated by ranges of letters for names. I walk up to table with E in it and the lady gives me a room key, schedule and my freshman starter packet.

I look at the tag on the room key to help me find which hall I'm in.

"What's good hottie?" I hear a man say.

I sigh with annoyance and roll my eyes at him. I feel a tug on my duffel bag that I carry on my back and I nearly fall over. I drop my other duffel bags on the ground and get in the guy's face.

"What the hell is your problem, dog." I say.

"You know you fine and you want to make a brotha go through all this shit just to get your attention." He says.

"Well here's a thought.. if I'm making you work so hard, then I'm probably not interested." I say.

"Aight, you know what bitch." He says, pushing me back by the shoulders.

I push him back harder and he falls to the ground.

"Don't fucking touch me," I say.

He stands up abruptly and swings at me. I move to block the punch but another hand does it for me.

"Hey, brotha. I think the girl was pretty clear when she said she's not interested." The man states.

He wears light wash jeans, Timberlands and a red jacket with yellow lettering presses along the top of it.

The man lets go of the douche's hand and steps back.

"Who do you think you are gettin' all up in my business, nigga?" The douche says.

"Only cowards pick on Freshman, dog. Let it go. There are plenty other shawties here that think you're cute. Go find one." The man says.

This apparently ticked the douche off and he lunges at the man. The man dodges his blow and punches the douche square in the face, sending him to the floor. More of the douche's friends came and that's when the man says:

"Wolves!"

The next thing I knew, five more big guys wearing similar jackets as the main guy filed in behind him.

"Make sure this punk doesn't go anywhere." The man says.

The man moves around the crowds and approaches me.

"I'm Zeke.. and you are?" He says as he extends his hand to me.

I take his hand into mine and say:

"I'm Y/N,"

"Well Y/N.. you don't mind if I walk you to your dorm, do you?" He says.

"It depends.. this isn't some ploy to know where I'm staying is it?" I ask as I cross my arms.

"Of course not.. I just want to make sure a beautiful freshman like yourself gets to her dorm safely." He states.

"If that's the case, then I wouldn't mind." I say.

"Alright then, let's move." He says.

I reach for my duffel bags and he adds:

"Ah, Ah, Ah. What do you think you're doing?"

"Getting my bags," I answer.

"No woman should carry her own bags.- Wolf! Carry Y/N's bags to her dorm." Zeke states.

One of the wolves complies and Zeke looks at the room key. He starts walking and I follow him to the dorm. I tuck a few strands behind my ear as I say:

"Do all freshman normally get this kind of treatment?"

"Nope.. you're my first." He says.

I chuckle a little and he notices this.

"What?" He asks.

I shake my head and look down at the floor.

"What?" He repeats as he judges me.

"Nothings its just.. I find that hard to believe. You're the leader of a frat and you don't use that your advantage to get girls? I mean, I know I'm a freshman but do I look like I was born yesterday?" I say.

He looks at me and laughs to himself. My cheeks start to warm up as I notice his amazingly white smile.

"You're right.. but I can tell you this though: you're one of the most unique woman I've ever encountered. And you intrigue me." He says.

"Well I have you know that I intrigue many people." I say proudly.

"I can believe that," he states.

"Where's your schedule?" He adds.

I gave him my schedule and I watch as he bites his lip while his eyes scan the schedule.

"Hm.. you're double majoring in Journalism and Budget Analysis.."

He looks up from the schedule and right at me. He quickly scans my body before saying:

"You look like a writer."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I say as we approach my dorm room.

"Nothing.. Journalism is in the same building as Radio, Television and Communications. Which happens to be right across from the Engineering and Manufacturing, where I usually am." He says.

"Well isn't that a coincidence?"

"Could be a coincidence.. or it could just be fate." He adds.

I flash him an are-you-serious look and he smiles at me.

"Carry her bags to her door, then go back to wherever you were going." Zeke says to the guy who is carrying my bags.

"See you around," He adds.

I wave and he walks away.

"Hopefully," I say under my breath.