Best Friend

There I stood, leaning against pool stick in my hand. Waiting for Sweet Pea to shoot his ball in the socket.

"Any day now, sweetheart. I'm not getting any younger here." I say.

Sweet Pea glared at me and a smirk played on my lips. He locked his eyes with mine as he hits the ball in the socket precisely.

"You were saying?" He sasses.

I roll my eyes and he says:

"Don't get jealous that I can kick you ass in pool."

"Shut up." I say as push him playfully.

We both laugh and he returns his focus on scoring. He made three more balls in and I was starting to get impatient. Just as he was about to hit the ball, I walked over to him and squeezed his sides. He jumped in surprise and the ball ricocheted along the sides of table. He turns around and gives me a semi-serious look.

"What?" I ask innocently.

"You know what." He states as he places his pool stick down on the table.

"I have no idea what you are talking about.. it's my turn." I say.

He steps closer to me and clenches his jaw.
I walk around the table and find the easiest ball to hit. I lean over and place the pool stick in between my pointer finger and my middle finger. Just as I was about to hit the ball, I was lifted off of the ground. I yelp in surprise as I feel my rear come into contact with the firm table surface with a faint thunk!

I look up at Sweet Pea's neural, dark brown eyes. He stands in between my legs and holds my legs. I hold onto his shoulders to stabilize myself. He breathes heavily and steps closer.
He leans in and I suck in a breathe as I think he was going to kiss me. His lips find their way against the shell of my ear.

Whistles and yelps erupted from the room.

"Yea, Sweet Pea. Hit that!"

"Finally got the girl!"

"Lookin' like she is enjoy it too."

Sweet Pea glares in their direction and squeezed my thighs slightly. I moan softly and immediately regret it. The murmurs stopped and he looks back at me. He leans in slightly and says:

"Now we're even."

He moves out from in between my legs and walks over to the bar. I release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"So... you and Sweet Pea." A snarky voice pipes.

I look over my shoulder to see Jughead leaning against the pool table. I hop off of the table and grab the pool sticks.

"There is no 'Sweet Pea and me'." I state.

"Right. You two totally don't have feelings for each other." He adds sarcastically.

I roll my eyes and put the pool sticks back inside the box.

"What do you want, Jug?" I ask.

"I would like Sweet Pea to be my body guard around the school." He states.

I stop what I am going and look up into Jughead's lagoon colored eyes. I laugh so hard, it brought tears to my eyes. I hold my stomach as I try to contain myself. I take deep breathes and stabilize my breathing. I wipe away my tears and notice how serious Jughead was.

"Oh, you're serious?" I ask.

"Yes. I am."

I step closer to him and cross my arms.

"What makes you think that he will want to protect you're puny, scrawny self?" I ask.

"That's what I was hoping you would help me with." He states.

"And how would I help you?" I ask.

"He listens to you. Because he cares about what you think of him..."

"Yes. But, I know him, Jug. He won't dedicate his time to protecting you. He would say-"

"To join the Serpents and they'll help protect you." Sweet Pea's deep voice booms.

He steps in front of me and gives me two cans of ginger ale. His massive body covers mine and he steps closer to Jughead.

"You trying to use her to get me to do your bidding?" He asks.

"Sweet Pea, look. I'm just doing what I have to in order to survive in Southside." Jughead defends.

"If you jeopardize her safety for yours. So help me God, I will beat you so hard your own father won't recognize you." He threatens.

"Sweet." I say putting a hand on his shoulder.

He eases under my touch but still stared down Jughead. I walk in front of him and place my hands on his chest.

"Hey." I say pulling his chin down for his eyes to meet mine.

"He's not worth it. I don't want to see you in cuffs..... again." I add.

His hands find my hips and he pulls me closer.

"What do you think I should do?" He asks.

"I think that I don't control your actions... but I do control my actions.. and I'm going to stick my neck out for him." I say.

"What? Why?" He asks.

"Because I like to think that I am a nice person and he is clearly in distress. His safety shouldn't be a concern for him. After all, his father is our leader."

"How is he our leader, if he is in jail?" He asks.

"When Simba left his kingdom and came back all grown up, did his authority change?" I ask.

He tries to keep a straight face, but fails. He starts laughing and he says:

"That was so corny."

"But it was a good analogy." I say sticking my pointer finger up in a matter-of-face manner.

He rolls his eyes at me and says:

"Fine. I guess I will help out."

"Yay." I say.

It came to me like a rush and I lean in. I pull him into a short yet genuine kiss. Once I realize what I was doing, I pull away from his entirely.

"Oh my gosh, Sweet. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I-"

"Oh Finally." He says in more of a whiny tone.

He pulls me by the hips and presses his lips against mine. The kiss is passionate and long. My fingers find their rightful place on his neck and he pulls me closer. We both pull away dazed and our lips swollen. He rests his forehead on mine and said:

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

I chuckle and brush my nose against his.

"I think I have an idea." I say.

He chuckles and presses a kiss to my temple.
We were in our own little world when we heard someone clear their throat. We completely forgot Jughead was there. We both turn around still in each other arms.

"So, have you guys came to a conclusion yet?" Jughead asks.

"Yes, we have your back." I say.

"Thanks.... I will give you two some space." He says as he walks away.

Sweet Pea leaned against the pool table while pulling me in between his legs.

"I will always remember this pool table as.."

"Our first kiss place." I finish.

"I love it when we finish-" He starts.

"Each other's sentences?" I finish again.

He pulls me against his chest and whispers:

"God, I love you."