Collateral Damage (A Beauty and the Beast Story)

(Song still continues)

Part Two:
Looking out of the window with my arms crossed, I watch as the angry night clouds release hard piercing rain into the Earth, accompanied by forceful winds that can flip over cars and uproot trees. The exact attitude that I was feeling now, angry yet devastated.

"JT, I really appreciate everything that you are doing but I think I need to sort through things by myself." I say, reaching for my jacket and advancing towards the door.

"Wait, Y/N, I know that you are having a crisis with trusting people right now. But just know that you can trust me, okay? I'm not like Vincent or Zachary.."

The mere mention of their names makes me want to fall to the ground and cry.

"I know you better than the both of them combined, and I think that it is not such a great idea to go out into the city while your like this. You don't have to be alone, especially at a time like this." He adds.

"I'm just going to go for a walk, JT." I say unenthusiastically.

"And I know that you have been holding back your tears and replacing them with anger. But you can only hold up that facade for so long." He adds, making me stop in my tracks.

"I mean, come on Y/N. You literally just found out that a guy that you really liked, cheated on you while you were in the Army and then used you to get revenge for Vincent sleeping with his mistress. You need to allow yourself to grieve." He explains.

I slowly turn to look at him and I drop my jacket on the ground.

"I can't be loved. I'm unlovable." I whimper.

He walks over to me and gently pulls me in for a hug, where I wrap my arms around his frame and rest my head on his shoulder.

"You are loved, Y/N. I love you." He reassures.

"You are the only one who loves me. My parents didn't love me, that's why they left me in the orphanage. Zachary never loved me or else he wouldn't have cheated on me. Vincent never loved me because he loves Catherine more. I don't matter, JT. I never did." I say into his shoulder.

"No, don't you dare think about blaming this on yourself. These problems happened with them. They are ashamed of something inside of themselves, that is their problem, not yours." He states.

"Then why am I always the one getting hurt?" I croak.

"Because you have a really big heart, and I personally think that having too big of a heart is much better than having no heart at all." He explains.

Tears blur my vision and I bury my face into his chest, inhaling the lingering scent of Cheetos. My lungs tighten with every one of my sobs as my body shakes. He rubs my back up and down in comforting strokes and I take fistfuls of his shirt as I continue to sob.

"I wish I couldn't feel anything at all," I whimper.

(End Song)

{Third Person's P.O.V.}
Within a day or two, Vincent and Zachary found out that Y/N was staying with JT. Y/N has been staying with JT ever since she found about what Zachary did. And it just so happens that not only are they there to apologize, but they are there to ask for her help. Y/N senses their prescience as soon as they approach the warehouse and JT notices that she is in edge.

"What's wrong?" JT asks.

"They're here," she says before she runs upstairs and stay there.

Soon after, they walk in and Zach asks:

"Where's Y/N? Is she okay?"

"Okay, you have no right to ask that question. Actually, neither of you do. So what are you doing here?" JT snaps.

"I didn't do anything wrong, JT." Vincent says.

"Yeah you did, you were being a douche to her when she needed a friend." JT states.

"She chose Zach over me, how do you expect me to push passed that and comfort her?" Vincent asks.

"Because she was your friend first, and a pretty damn good friend too." JT says.

"But you know what, it's not like you care anyway. So why don't you get to the point and tell me why you guys are here." He adds.

"We need her help," Vincent says, making JT burst out in laughter.

JT clutches his stomach as he breathes heavily with every laugh.

"Oh, wow, you're actually serious." JT says.

"You have some nerve coming here and wanting her help. You've done enough to her already, just leave her alone." JT adds.

"We need her to track something." Vincent says.

"And why can't you do it?" JT asks.

"Because whoever it is we are tracking, knows how to cover her tracks." Vincent says with a sigh.

Zachary looks towards the stairs where Y/N went up a few minutes ago and JT looks to him before saying:

"I wouldn't go up there if I were you. You might not be able to find your way back down. She's not in a very forgiving mood."

"Looks like someone else isn't in a forgiving mood." Vincent says under his breath.

"She has no one else in her corner. And I'm actually helping you guys out here, alright? Because if she feels cornered and something triggers her, then she will tear apart anybody who is around her. I'm the only thing keeping her grounded. So if that means calling you guys out for the douchebags you are, then I'm going to do that." JT states.

"It's okay JT, I'll help them." Y/N says as she walks down the stairs.

Zachary inhales sharply as he sees her for the first time in days. His guilt has been eating away at him ever since they last spoke, as it should. He wants to make up for what he did, but he doesn't know where to start. She wears black, elastic shorts and a large, gray sweatshirt. Her hair is pulled into a low, messy bun and her eyes are puffy, which suggests that she was just crying upstairs.

"What? Why would you help them? They don't owe you a damn thing." JT says.

"It's not for them; it's for me. I need to spend sometimes outside of these four walls. I'll help them track this chick, and then I'll spend the day walking around or something." She says.

"You are not going our exploring alone,"

"JT, I'm emotionally vulnerable, not physically vulnerable. I can still kick someone's ass if I have to." She explains.

"At least let me come with you," JT says.

"Are you sure you can handle it? I've walked for miles on end and haven't broken a sweat. And that was pre-beast." She teases.

"You worry about you, and I'll worry about me okay?" He snaps playfully.

"Okay, but I won't carry you back home."

"You know what, Y/N." JT says with a smile.

Y/N changes into jeans instead of shorts and she sprays on deodorant and perfume before leaving. Vincent and Zachary inhales her scent with a sigh as they follow her.