iHorror by SeddieAnonymous

Chapter 4

***

Sam

Freddie hands me the crowbar. I take my steps to the wall ahead. I lift the crowbar up, and I hit the stones in the wall. Soon some start to crumble. I hear someone come up behind me, I turn and it's Josh. He lifts his shovel and digs into the cement between the stones. Together we try to dig into the wall. I hear the others come up behind us. They quickly join us in the effort to get the stones down.

"Get back." I yell. I take the crowbar and stand in into the cement. I keep on hitting it, creating a small crack, then Josh hits it with the shovel. It quickly shatters into pieces, as it falls to the ground, showing something wooden. I finally use the crowbar for it's actual use, bringing it between two pieces of wood. I jerk it and then bones start falling out rapidly. Four skulls in total fall out. Two big ones, and two small ones.

"Like the hanging family in the attic." Mason says.

"You've made her angry." I hear. I turn around. Carly is standing as the girls keep digging downward.

"What?" Daniel asks.

"You have made her angry. The Clarkes are evil. They took everything she always wanted."

"So where is she?" I ask.

"She's here." Carly points down to hole in the ground. I stand in confusion. I do not understand what is going on. The Clarke Family has been buried in the basement wall after all these years. So who is in the ground? I look to Freddie who stands beside me.

"It's the maid." He says.

"Why is it the maid?" I ask.

"The story goes that Ms. Clarke found Mr. Clarke with the maid. What if the maid was infatuated with Mr. Clarke?"

"Then when she couldn't have what she wanted. She killed the people who would stop her."

"But the Clarke's never had kids."

What if they are her kids?"

"Then what happened to her?"

"I might have a feeling." Caleb says. We all look at him. "There are multiple stories to the death and mystery of the Clarke house, but the one my grandma has told me is how the maid was accused of witchcraft after Mr. Clarke went missing. With that, they hanged her and then buried her; dooming her to roam the earth for the rest of eternity."

"How do you all know of this?" Freddie asks.

"Every family has secrets. I have mine, you have yours." He simply replies. What the fuck? A huge gush of wind overpowers the room, taking us all down to the ground. Falling on top of Freddie, we lay in a motionless position on the ground. Opening my eyes from the blast, I see the ghost in front of me. Hovering over her supposed grave, she looks to all of us.

***

Freddie

I sit myself up, from being hit from the gust sending me down. Rubbing my head I try to get rid of the headache. Her dark eyes scan over all of us. Her white dress not even touching the bottom, hovering over us. She looks to us.

"Who unmasked the grave?" She asks. We all stay silent. Let me ask the question again." Lifting her hand, I feel a tightness around my throat. I do not feel the floor underneath my feet. I look over to the others who are all the same, choking and gagging. Her eyes pierce us. "Alright then." Then my back hits against the wall and then the choking sensation ends. I start to cough.

"Now I'll tell you all a story, a story about a girl. A girl who just wanted someone to love her." She goes over to the remains on the ground, picking up one of the skulls and touching it with love.

"She had found him, and loved him so. Soon, he declared how he loved her too. Together they loved and had children without his wife knowing; he promised that she will never know. Then it happened after years and years of secrecy, the wicked wife found out and accused me of adultery. Hung and buried on the property I called home, but she did not get rid of me. As for I helped in the making of their deaths."

There is the plot twist, but I do not understand one thing. How could she have killed her own two children? If she loved them, if she really wanted to be loved.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Sam asks. She looks over to Sam beside me.

"I do not know, what the fuck is wrong with you?" With a swish of her wrist, Sam is slammed to the far wall with a loud thud. Some of the boys gasp. Slummed on the ground, motionless; I fear the worst.

Anya

I watch Freddie run over to Sam, cradling her head. I hold on to the cross around my head. I know the irony, I am a playboy bunny wearing her holy cross. Thinking back to what my grandmother has said to me, about the ghost and demons that roam the earth.

"The power of christ compels you." I say to myself.

I say it again in more confidence. Repeating and repeating to myself softly in my head. Eric puts his hands on my shoulder. He says the words, "The power of christ compels you." He says. Together, we start to chant it. The others hear our words and start to join in. It becomes louder and louder.

She starts to shiver and squirm. Her body moving violently. I come closer and closer to pulling the necklace off my neck. I hold it up as I come up to her. I notice the bottom of her white innocent dress become black like the death that she has caused. Breathing deep, gasping and screaming.

"You have committed adultery. Murdered your only children. If God cannot see the goodness in you, then you may be condemned to hell." I scream.

The black consumes her body, making her anonymous. Soon just a black mist, she is pulled down into her own grave, disappearing for good. The air becomes light, with the rattling of something. Looking over to the bones, they all rise in the air, connecting, creating the bodies that the bones inhabited. Skin appears, bringing light to them. A man, woman and two young girls stand before us all dressed in clothing of light blue color.

"Thank you." The woman says. They become white and disappear before our eyes. Peace, sweet peace, fills the air. I look over to Freddie, Sam held in his arms.

"It is time to go, you guys." I say. Leading them out of the basement, the house feels light and serene. That is what a home of a family is supposed to feel like.

***