iGet Lost by Alexia Astraea

FanFiction.net

iGet Lost by Alexia Astraea

TV » iCarly
Rated: T
Language: English
Genre: Romance & Friendship
Characters: Sam P., Freddie B.
Words:
Published: Jul 12, 2009

***

It was a busy Saturday in Seattle, cars whistling by on the street, boats in the water busily transporting goods and large crowds of people walking down the streets. Then there was a pair of high school kids, no older than sixteen, on a street corner. One was moving in circles around other who just stood still in contemplation - a distinctive pair compared to the bustling world around them...

"I knew it! We're lost! Completely, and hopelessly, lost! I really should have seen this coming, but no you had to drag me along with you after catching whiff of this 'Mystery Meat'." Freddie half-shouted while pacing around a rather agitated Sam, the disdain in his voice didn't go unnoticed.

"It smelled good! And I swear it's somewhere around here!" She shouted back in defense while giving him a glare.

She couldn't help herself! They were on their way to the Groovy Smoothie when this wonderful fragrance caught the attention of Miss Samantha Puckett. No, we're not talking about sweets, or baked goods. It smelt like some sort of delicious meat, with a sauce of some sort and a heavenly aroma that Sam couldn't resist following the odor even if she tried. Of course, she completely disregarded the fact that it was a windy day in Seattle and the smell really could have come from anywhere. That minor detail didn't matter. All that mattered was grabbing Freddie and dragging him to wherever the food was. (Not to say that she wanted his company it's just... well, she was broke that's all!)

Freddie gave Sam a sideward glace, trying to hide his amusement from that very Sam-like defense.

"Sure, Sam, I'm sure it's real close by. Now c'mon, how are we going to get back home?"

Sam frowned at this, "Get back? No! We need to find that restaurant!"

Freddie rolled his eyes and shook his head; obviously, he wasn't going to get any help from her. He stuck his thumb in his pockets in mock casualty and started to drum the four fingers outside, thinking about what to do next.

Freddie was so focused it took him a few minutes before he finally realized that his left hand kept tapping over a bulge in his pocket, and another moment before it finally registered, "Ah! My pearPhone! Of course!" Freddie said enthusiastically while pulling out the phone, "It has a GPS feature!"

Sam gave Freddie a doubtful look while he was typing on the touch screen; he couldn't be serious.

"Let's see... Go to Bushwell Plaza... Seattle..."

Yup, he was serious. Sam couldn't believe it. She really wanted to go to that restaurant, never mind the fact that she didn't know what it was. She just really wanted to go, eat some great food (obviously) but also joke around, have a few laughs, and kinda spend their time together maybe... a little... differently.

How differently, she wasn't quite sure, I mean look at him plugging away at his pearPhone; he was a total geek, dweeb, nerd, dork (and Sam was certain she could think of an abundance of names among those same lines). However, there was also something about Freddie that was very enduring lately, something about those snarky comments, sly smiles, challenging glances and sincere nature that seemed to get to her lately.

Sam beat herself up for even having these straying thoughts over the past few months, but Sam had always been a decisive girl, and these new insights needed to be explored. Carefully though, there was a fine line between friendship, banter-buddies, and who-knows-what-else and Sam didn't even want Freddie to know she was walking on that line. After all, if she was imagining these "feelings" she wanted to keep the relationship they had now. Even if that relationship might appear odd to the outside eye at least it was theirs and they were content with it.