Seddie Oneshots: 355 by shana852963

FanFiction.net

Seddie oneshots by shana852963

TV » iCarly
Rated: K+
Language: English
Characters: Sam P., Freddie B.
Words: 5,128
Published: Dec 5, 2010

***

Sam Benson cursed loudly as she dropped the hammer she had been using to try and fix one of the kitchen cupboards, sucking the thumb she had just hit hard.

She jumped down from the counter and picked up the hammer, slamming it back into the open toolbox that sat on the table. She then grabbed a wrench and got down on her knees, opening the cabinet under the sink, trying to figure out where to even begin down there.

She heard her front door open, but she didn't turn around, even as she heard footsteps coming into the room.

"Sam?" she heard Carly's gentle voice behind her. "Sam, what are you doing?"

"Fixing this sink," Sam mumbled, not looking at her best friend. "What's it look like?"

"Sam," Carly sighed. "Don't worry about that right now. It's not important. I can call Spencer and have him come over and do it for you."

"I can do it," Sam mumbled, though she had to admit that she didn't have the slightest clue about anything to do with plumbing. So reluctantly she got to her feet.

"Sit down," Carly said, pulling out a chair for her. "I'll make you some tea."

"No, I need to finish working on these stupid cabinets," Sam said shakily. "And then I need to take a look at that creaky stair, and then-"

"No," Carly said firmly. "Right now you need to sit."

"I don't want to," Sam said quickly, turning away. She knew she couldn't do that. Because the second she did, she would lose it.

"Where are the kids?" Carly asked as Sam heaved herself back on the counter again to give the cabinet another go.

"Upstairs in there rooms."

"Well have you talked to them?" Carly asked. "You know, since Freddie-"

"Did you come over here for anything other than that?" Sam snapped angrily. "Because believe it or not, hearing over and over again that my husband just died isn't really the funnest thing in the world."

Carly blinked. "Sam...I'm-"

"Don't," Sam said thickly, turning back around as she could feel her eyes welling up. She pinched them closed tightly.

Carly nodded. "Have you eaten anything lately?" she asked.

Sam shrugged. As strange as it was for her, she honestly couldn't remember her last meal.

"I'll make you some soup," Carly said.

"No, I'm not hungry," Sam said reflexively.

"Well you have to eat something, you're looking really thin and-"

"No, Carly!" Sam said loudly. And then she broke down. She couldn't hold back the tears any longer and she felt them drip down her face onto the old t-shirt she had been wearing for days now. Her shoulders shook and she dropped the hammer for the second time that day.

Carly rushed over, loyally throwing her arms around her.

"I just want him back," Sam whispered through her sobs.

"I know you do, Sam. We all do," Carly said.

"I can't-I can't even sleep at night," Sam said, continuing to cry. "Because he's all I think about. And I can't just sit, because he's all I think about. And even-And even when I stay up doing all this junk I still think of him!"