Fire On Ice by iCarlyRox18

Chapter 2

***

Freddie wasn't excited.

No, he was ecstatic.

The week had gone by incredibly fast, and it was already Sunday. Freddie wasn't sure if his smile could be any wider. The strain of his cheekbones as he drove to Sam's house were an indication of that, and it made him feel like a little boy again, giddy with excitement at the activity they were going to do today. Watching Sam ice skate last Sunday was nothing short of amazing, and he was so happy - beyond, even - to be able to ice skate with her while she did so this time.

Honking the horn twice in succession when he pulled up to Sam's house, he waited only ten seconds before he couldn't take it anymore. She had just opened the door, ice skates in hand, and turned around to lock it when she was being lifted up and carried quickly to Freddie's car bridal style.

"Hey, Fr- Wha- What the-! Freddie! What are you-!"

She was dropped clumsily into the passenger side of his car, and he slid smoothly across the hood to the driver's side, effectively transferring there swiftly as he opened up the door and slid into the driver's seat.

"Hey," he panted, a little out of breath from his efforts.

She stared at him incredulously, "Uh, hey?"

He smiled stupidly again, making her expression scrunch up even more.

"What?"

She stared at him and shook her head a few times, mouth slightly agape, and said, "You're so weird."

"What?" he said, pushing the shift to drive. "I'm just excited."

She slowly nodded as she said, "So you decided it was best to carry me to your car in a rush because of your excitement?"

"Mm-hmm," he nodded, as if oblivious to how weird that all was.

"Uh, don't you think that's a little weird?" she asked as he finally started to drive.

He shook his head and pursed his bottom lip, not taking his eyes off of the road, "Mmm, no."

She stared at him a little more before finally sighing, "Oo-kay, then let's go."

"Not a problem," Freddie mumbled to himself with a smile as he drove.

ø

It was 6:30 by the time they arrived at the rink, which meant everyone was gone and they had the rink all to themselves - except for Uncle Benny, of course. Freddie shivered a little at the memory of the image of the bulky man, hoping he wouldn't make a wrong step - or else he was sure he'd be dead meat at the hands of that guy.

Freddie opened up the clear glass door and gestured towards its opening, "After you."

Sam raised an eyebrow and shook her head to herself, walking through the door without a word. Freddie was almost squealing in the car about how excited he was to ice skate with her, she was surprised her fist hadn't already made contact with his jaw. But no matter how many times she told him to relax, he'd just get even giddier, so she finally thought it best not to say anything at all.

"Did you bring your own skates?" she asked over her shoulder as she hopped over the rental counter, walking up and down the aisles for his size.

"No. I do have a pair, I just outgrew them a long time ago. I'm a size-"

"I know," she interrupted, scanning through the racks of hockey skates.

She'd bought shoes for him before - a pair he'd been dying for - when they were dating, so she knew his size. She smiled unconsciously at the memory - how he spun her around and kissed her stupid, and that was when she decided kissing him was better than any present he could've given back.