Seddie Oneshots: 539 by shana852963

FanFiction.net

Seddie oneshots by shana852963

TV » iCarly
Rated: K+
Language: English
Characters: Sam P., Freddie B.
Words: 1,583
Published: Dec 5, 2010

***

Sam Puckett slowly opened her eyes, squinting as the sun shined in through the window across from her bed. She looked over at the clock on her dresser and saw it was only eight o'clock.

At first Sam was confused about why she was up so early, and she grabbed her phone from the bedside table, about to text her boyfriend, Freddie, to see if he was awake too.

The moment Freddie's name crossed her mind, though, she instantly felt as though someone had punched her in the stomach, and she remembered why had had trouble falling asleep last night.

Last night her and Freddie had broken up.

Sam fell back down against her pillows, curling up underneath the covers, wanting to never get out of bed or do anything ever again.

She felt so weak...and she hated it. Had Freddie Benson really had such an effect on her that she had been reduced to this now that he was gone?

It had to happen, she told herself in an attempt to try and fight the sinking feeling inside of her. It was too good to last. It's better for everyone now. We won't drive Carly crazy anymore with our fighting and-and I won't embarrass Freddie anymore or-or have to deal with his dorkiness or-or have to hold his hand ever again-

She squeezed her eyes shut, determined not to shed another tear over something as trivial as a break-up.

She had cried enough last night anyway.

It's done. It's over with, and now you just have to get used to it, she thought firmly. How hard can that be?

She sat up in her bed and took a few deep breaths.

"I guess I should change my Splashface status," Sam mumbled. She remembered how hesitant she had about updating her social media page to read 'in a relationship with Freddie Benson', but Freddie seemed so excited about it that she had given in.

"And I should probably cancel those reservations we had an Petrozini's tonight," Sam continued. She looked around her bedroom. Freddie's history textbook sat on her cluttered desk from the time they were going to study together but wound up getting 'distracted'. His boxed set of Girly Cow season 3 lay in the middle of the floor; the two had spent an entire night watching it and laughing at the show's stupid antics. There was a Galaxy Wars comic he had brought over one afternoon, convinced he could make her like his favorite science fiction characters if she would just give them a chance, and sitting on the windowsill was a vase he had brought over to house the bouquet of flowers he had bought her a few weeks ago. The roses were wilting....

"I should get rid of all that-that junk too," Sam said heavily. "He'll probably want it back. There's no point in keeping the stuff here."

She looked down at the oversized sweatshirt she was wearing. It was navy blue and was perhaps the warmest thing Sam had ever worn.

Freddie had given it to her one night at his place when she had made one comment about being cold. She had worn it back home and she never got around to returning it; it was comfortable to sleep in, and the slightest scent of Freddie's cologne lingered on it, usually making her fall asleep with a small smile on her face.

But like everything else, the sweatshirt would have to go as well.

...

Later that day, Sam walked up to the eighth floor of Bushwell Plaza, carrying all of Freddie's belongings in a small bag. As she reached the hallway where Carly and Freddie's apartment doors both were, she glanced over at apartment 8D. Just yesterday she would've been knocking on that door first, wanting to have a few moments alone with her boyfriend before going across the hall to start working on iCarly.