iBack To That? by shana852963

FanFiction.net

iBack To That? by shana852963

TV » iCarly
Rated: K
Language: English
Genre: Hurt/Comfort & Romance
Characters: Sam P., Freddie B.
Words: 1,487
Published: Apr 23, 2012

***

"Wait...you got a new little crush on her?"

"What? Pfft, no."

"...Well go."

"...Bye."

So he was doing this again? The whole lovesick-over-Carly thing, that is. Was this the eighth grade all over again?

"Wow, we made a ton of money today," Gibby said, opening the cash register.

"Business was good," Sam nodded, snapping out of her thoughts. She picked up the pan filled with all the extra meat for the Hot Meat sandwiches. She looked at it and then dumped it in the trash bag.

Gibby frowned. "Don't you usually eat all of the leftovers?"

"I'm not really hungry," Sam mumbled. "You need help with those dishes?"

Gibby shook his head. "Um...no?" Sam never offered to help clean up.

"Okay, well then I'm gonna head home," Sam said, picking up her bag.

"Alright," Gibby said. "Oh, hold on, I'll give you your cut for today."

"It's fine, just give it to me tomorrow," Sam said, starting up the steps.

Gibby frowned again. "Um, Sam, are you alright?"

Sam turned back around to look at Gibby. He had a serious expression on his face.

"I'm fine, Gib," she replied, giving him a small smile. "See you tomorrow for the breakfast rush."

"Okay," Gibby shrugged. "Oh, hey Sam? If you're not going to eat all that meat can I bring it home for my cat? He likes hiding it around our house and finding it later."

"Um, sure, whatever," Sam said.

"Sweet!"

The sky was already getting dark. Sam looked at her watch. School had ended five hours ago. She started in the direction of Bushwell Plaza, but then stopped. On second thought, maybe she didn't want to go there tonight. She turned and headed towards her own home.

As usual, her mom wasn't home. She had left a note saying she gone to some new reptile zoo that was open until midnight with her new boyfriend and that there was some ketchup in the fridge for dinner. Well, at least she was trying.

Sam grabbed a bottle of iced tea and then headed upstairs to her room. She flung her bag onto the floor and laid down on her bed.

She thought this was over. She thought Freddie had gotten over that puppy dog crush on Carly, but no, apparently it was still going strong.

Why Carly? She thought miserably. Sure, she wouldn't have been happy with any girl he decided to have a crush on, but really, he had to pick her best friend? The girl who she constantly was outshined by? That girl got every guy that walked the halls of Ridgeway, and now she got Freddie too?

It's not Carly's fault, Sam told herself firmly. Still, though, she was finding it hard not to have just a little bit of resentment towards her best friend right now.

Sam looked at her calendar. Seven months. It had been seven months since her and Freddie had broken up. During that seven months neither of them had made any mention of their relationship. But neither of them had dated anyone either.