The Way I Loved You by puppy.love.grace

FanFiction.net

The Way I Loved You by puppy.love.grace

TV » iCarly
Rated: T
Language: English
Genre: Romance & Angst
Characters: Freddie B., Carly S., Sam P., Words: 2,921
Published: May 19

***

But I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain

And it's 2am and I'm cursing your name
You're so in love that you act insane
And that's the way I loved you

-Taylor Swift, The Way I Loved You

***

You have six new messages.

Beep.

"Hey, it's Freddie. I know it's late and all, but I just wanted to say I had a great time these few weeks. And....and I'm sorry this voicemail is so sudden and awkward, but I guess I just wanted to get all of this out of my head. And I guess....that's probably all. Sorry I missed you."

Beep.

"Hi Sam, it's Freddie again. I was just wondering why you didn't pick up any of my calls, or answer any of my texts, or conveniently duck into empty classrooms the second I appear in the halls. Are you avoiding me for some reason? Because I miss you, okay? I miss you stealing my lunch every morning, I miss you calling me strange, creative names that I could never find the right comeback to, I miss the way you walked into the hallways so confidently, saying something witty that would make me laugh until I couldn't breathe.

Just, stop ignoring me, because I lo-because I miss you.

And please return my calls."

Beep.

"Hey Puckett, Carly Shay here, the best friend who's called you at least a million times over the past few days, left you a billion texts and waited for you to show up at my front door. I really need to talk to you, Sam, about something important, and since it seems that you haven't used your phone lately, or it accidently dropped into a pool somewhere, I'll say it now. Freddie kissed me, that night you couldn't come to the Groovy Smoothie, and I didn't pull away. Oh god, and I think I like him....a lot. Anyway, I have no idea what to do. Should I ask him out? Or was that kiss just a spur of the moment? I really need to talk, and you really need to pick up my calls!

I miss my best friend, Sam."

Beep.

"She asked me out, Sam, after that night you cancelled on us, after I kissed her in some dark alleyway when we were walking back to Bushwell. She asked me out yesterday, and I said I needed to think about it. And...I kept thinking how this was like a dream, the fact that Carly Shay asked me out, and said that she liked me, she liked me a lot. But....I couldn't say yes. Because-well, just because. I couldn't say yes, because of you. Because I can't stop thinking about ....just, never mind. It's always you, Sam. You know that, don't you?

Beep.

"Hey Sam, Carly here. I just wanted to tell you how I'm so glad that everything's back to normal, and I'm really happy we could finally talk, it's been so chaotic without someone to really talk to. I asked him, by the way to go out with me, and at first, he said he needed to think about it, so I thought he wasn't interested. But then, the next day he came up to me while I was at the lockers-you were in the bathroom, I think-his shirt rolled up and his hair in a mess, and said yes. I realize now that maybe I've liked him all along, that all the while I said no when he asked me out before, saying I was looking for the right guy, I was really looking for him. Does that make sense? And yeah, so I'm really excited right now, we're going on our first date tomorrow, I think we're going to Pini's or something.