Meant It by Kezziexx

FanFiction.net

Meant It by Kezziexx

TV » iCarly
Rated: K+
Language: English
Genre: Romance & Angst
Characters: Freddie B., Sam P.
Words: 1,613
Published on FanFiction: Jul 4, 2012

***

I've never been a big believer; I'm not religious, I don't believe in Bigfoot, and I most certainly don't believe I'll ever find love; although for a few months I did. For a few months I believe I had found it and although I had let it go, I believed that if it was true we would find our way back one way or another

Freddie and I sat on the sofa in his apartment flicking absentmindedly through the channels. We had been dating 3 months and we'd come to the point of being able to just be, it was quite possibly the happiest I've ever been. Flicking over to the news, a breaking news broadcast flashed across the screen.

60 dead after a earthquake ripped through central California today.

He gasped and as I turned to study his face I saw an overwhelming contemplation in his eyes. He slowly turned to me, boring his brown eyes into my blue and with a determined in his voice declared, "I love you."

I gave a small lopsided smile and laughed. "Everybody does." I turned my head grabbing the remote from his hand and returned my attention back to the television again, resuming the changing of channels in a quest for decent programming.

He quickly grabbed the remote and turned off the T.V, I turned confused as he stared bewildered at me. He composed himself to speak, "Sam, I've just told you I love you for the first time. You're supposed to say it back."

I rolled my eyes playfully, smacking him on the shoulder before taking the remote and returning my attention to the television and stating nonchalantly, "Love you too."

Again, he took the remote and this time threw it across the room, staring irritably into my eyes, "No, I said. I. Love. You. Not love you. They're completely different!" The irritation was flustering him and I couldn't help but stifle a snigger at how cute it made him look.

Again I rolled my eyes playfully laughing lightly "Eugh, you're such a girl!" but inside I felt nervous. The whole topic was making me uneasy, I just wish he would drop it so we could return to the land of fiction.

His jaw locked, "Why won't you say it?"

I felt my body tense. I could feel the argument brewing, the tension rising like the temperature on a hot day. "I did say it!"

He pinched the bridge of his nose and inhaled deeply, "No, you said love you. Not I love you. Love you doesn't have as much meaning."

I inwardly laughed before scoffing, "None of it has any meaning."

And at that point he silently ohhed , as if concluding something in his mind. "You don't think I mean it. That's why you won't say it back, isn't it?" He smiled smugly.

I cocked an eyebrow, "I think you're trying to find fish in the sky there Frednerd. I said it."

He eyed me suspiciously before questioning, "Said what?"

I threw my hands up annoyed, "Did you hit your head? What you wanted me to say!"

He smiled smugly, chuckling to himself. "See, you won't even say it now." He then looked seriously at me again and whispered, "I mean it Sam, I love you."

I exhaled defeated, "Yeah, yeah, if you say so." I was done with this conversation. I raised from the couch and wandered towards the remote that had been thrown carelessly across the floor.