Seddie Oneshots: 121 by shana852963

FanFiction.net

Seddie oneshots by shana852963

TV » iCarly
Rated: K+
Language: English
Characters: Sam P., Freddie B.
Words: 917
Published: Dec 5, 2010

***

"Carly?" Freddie called, walking up the steps to Carly's bedroom. "Carly? You here?"

He opened the door and instead of seeing Carly, he saw Sam, laying on the ice cream sandwich loveseat, watching some Spanish program.

"Hey," Freddie greeted her. "Where's Carly?"

"Out," Sam replied, not looking over to him.

"Out where?" Freddie asked, sitting down on the pink sofa next to her.

"I don't know," Sam snapped. "Wherever Kurt decided to take her."

"She's on a date?"

"Yes," Sam said. "She's out with her third guy this month."

Freddie shrugged. "Oh. I just came over to see if she wanted to study for our Trig test tomorrow. I'd ask if you wanted to study together, but I'm guessing that would be a no, right?"

"Right," Sam replied, turning up the volume of the T.V.

Freddie frowned. "Um, you don't speak Spanish."

"As far as you know," Sam said.

"I do know," Freddie said. "Because when we used to go out, you made me stop doing my little Spanish outbursts because it bothered you when I said things you didn't understand."

"So I can't learn now?"

"Well, sure, you can," Freddie said. "Although it's best to learn a second language between the ages of three and seven, according to research. Besides, I don't think a Spanish soap opera like this is the best way to pick up the language."

"There was nothing on, okay?" Sam exclaimed. "Jeesh, can't I just watch T.V. without getting some big lecture from you?"

Freddie blinked. "Are you okay? You seem sort of upset."

"Gee, what was your first clue?" Sam said, rolling her eyes.

"Well, you don't have any sort of food by you, and you always do when you're watching T.V., and-"

"Oh my God, you're unbelievable," Sam said, shaking her head.

"Well...what's bothering you?" Freddie asked.

"Nothing."

"But you just said-"

"It's, Carly, okay," Sam said.

"Why? Did you two have a fight?"

"No, not really," Sam sighed, playing with a loose string on her jacket.

"Then what's going on with you two?"

"Look, you're the last person I really want to talk to about this," Sam said.

"Sam," Freddie said. "We're friends. You can tell me."

"Fine. It's just-" Sam started. "It's just...Carly told me that she was positive Kurt liked me."

Freddie felt his intestines clench a little bit. "Oh?"

"Yeah. She said that she was sure he was really into me and was going to probably ask me out soon," Sam said. "But then tonight when we were hanging out, Kurt calls Carly and asks her if she wanted to catch a movie and go out for ice cream afterwards."

Freddie nodded. "Wow. That's rough."

"I mean, Carly did ask me if I was okay with it," Sam said. "But come on! What was I supposed to say to her?"

Freddie didn't say anything.

"It's not like I even liked him or anything," Sam muttered. "If he had asked me out, I would've said no."

Freddie perked up a little bit at this information.

"It's just," Sam sighed. "I thought, for like, a minute, that for the first time, somebody actually liked me more than her."

Freddie felt a pang of sympathy for her. She had a point; she always did seem to get overshadowed by Carly.

"Pretty dumb, right?" Sam said softly.

"No," Freddie said at once. "Sam, plenty of people like you more than Carly."

"Name one person," Sam said.

"Me."

Sam looked up. "You?"

"Carly's one of my closest friends," Freddie told her. "In fact, she's almost like my sister. But never in a million years would she play meat golf with me, or go fencing with me, or help me prank my mom."

Sam smiled. "Yeah, she probably wouldn't."

"Carly's great," Freddie continued. "But you're so much more fun to be around."

Sam looked at the ground, but Freddie saw a small blush creep over her cheeks.

"So," Freddie said, moving over to sit next to Sam on the loveseat. "Want me to tell you what's going on in this soap opera?"

"I thought you had to study," Sam said.
"Eh, getting a B won't kill me," Freddie shrugged.

"Okay then," Sam said. "I don't know why that lady with the bad perm is trying to kill the lady with the mole. Is it because she wants her money? Or her husband? And who the heck is this creepy housemaid? And why is-"

You're funnier, Freddie thought to himself, watching Sam as she continued to ask him about the soap opera. You have better hair, you're prettier, you're more creative...you're a better kisser, and you were a better girlfriend.

"So what is it?"

"Huh?" Freddie asked, snapping out of his daze.

"What's this big thing that all the actors keep gasping about?"

"Oh, um, the firefighter ran off with his wife's twin sister," he said quickly.

Sam nodded, and turned back to the T.V.

Freddie looked over at her. He wished that he could tell Sam that in his book, she was always going to be better than Carly.

***
Disclaimer: I do not own anything. All rights are reserved to their respective owners. No copyright infringement intended.

Note: If you are the author of any of these oneshots, and wish for me to take it down, please PM me. No plagiarism intended. All authors are given credit.