iDefine Love by xxkissfromarosex

Chapter 8: Tasha

Tasha was only trying to make Gibby happy. Getting him a camera for his birthday was what he had wanted, and Gibby himself had told her how good Freddie Benson was with all the tech stuff. Tasha had only gone to Freddie for advice.

Why was she so clumsy? And why did she have to fall into such a compromising position with Freddie? And why did Gibby have to walk in?

His expression, one of anger and jealously and betrayal, was etched into her mind as she ran after him. It was hard trying to navigate down the stairs in those freakishly high heels which she'd thought had looked cute before she'd set off to the party, but in fact were the devil shoes. If she was in flats, maybe she would've kept her balance. Stupid gravity.

"Gibby!" She called, as her boyfriend stormed past Sam, who was spread across the couch.

"What's going on?" Carly asked, her brow narrowed as she froze in mid-clean.

"You wanna know what's going on? Freddie Benson was macking on my girlfriend, that's what's going on!" Gibby fumed, pulling his hat from the coat rack and ramming it on his head.

"What?" Sam sat up, "Freddie? As in our tech geek, can't get any girls, king of nubs, Fredward Benson? Are you kiddin' me?"

"It wasn't like that at all!" Tasha protested, turning to Gibby, "I was asking him about what to get you for your birthday, and then I tripped and he caught me, and we just fell. That's all that happened, Gibby, please believe me."

"No. You betrayed me, Tasha. You took my heart, smashed it all up, and then fed the remains to Freddie. I hope you two are very happy together!" Gibby threw the front door open, but looked back, "Tell Freddie that if he's not behind the gym on Friday at three o two, I'll tell the world he's...a chicken!" He then stomped away angrily.

"Three o two?" Carly exchanged a look with Sam.

"I don't know. I don't speak Gibby," The blonde shrugged.

Tasha stared out the door, contemplating whether to run to him. As she took a few steps, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She titled her head to see Carly, smiling sadly.

"I'd leave him for a while. You know what he's like," Carly reminded her, scooping a few plastic cups from the table and chucking them into the trash bag. Tasha glanced at the stairs, to see Freddie tentatively make his way down. His eyes darted over the apartment, looking for any topless mad boys lurking in the corner, ready to pounce on him.

"Gibby's gone, Freddo," Spencer informed the boy, who loosened up instantly.

"What's happening on Friday at three o two?" Carly asked.

"Gibby wants to fight me. He thinks I wanted to kiss his girlfriend! As if I would," Freddie sighed, before realising what he had said, "Sorry Tasha. Not that you're not pretty and everything, because you are, and if you weren't dating Gibby, maybe I would-"

"I KNEW IT!" Gibby voice screamed from the door, making everyone jump, "I came back to give you another chance! But you're hitting on my girlfriend! You just can't control yourself, can you? This is it. No more second chance." Gibby walked towards Freddie, who inched away. "You're going down, Benson."

"I'm not scared," Freddie squeaked.

Tasha looked at Gibby, upset. Not only did he hate her, now Freddie, who was innocent, was going to get beaten up. She wished she'd never gone to this hobo party.

It took two days before Gibby finally picked up on her phone calls. He wasn't hearing any of it though, insisting that he was going to fight Freddie for 'betraying his trust and kissing his girlfriend'. No matter how many times she told him they'd just fallen, he didn't believe her.