iFollow The List by etain

FanFiction.net

iFollow the List by etain

TV » iCarly
Rated: T
Language: English
Genre: Drama & Friendship
Characters: Sam P., Freddie B.
Words: 5,484
Published: Oct 7, 2009

***

Carly knew. They didn't think she did, but she did. They tried to put on a façade of normal in front of her, but Carly wasn't stupid and even if she had been, it was completely obvious considering they emanated a sort of tension thick enough to cut with a knife, and yeah that was sort of an over-the-top metaphor but damn, was it true. She knew they hadn't really been talking to each other lately except to make snide remarks for no other reason but to cause whatever hurt they could, and Carly couldn't stand it anymore.

She also knew it was probably more Sam's fault because Sam had been baiting and pushing him even more than her usual self. At the same time, Carly couldn't really bring herself to blame Sam, but she could blame Freddie for reacting every single time. Yeah, she knew she was probably a little irrational and unfair, blaming Freddie more than Sam, but Carly always found it easier to blame him than her. Part of it was that Freddie was supposed to know better and-come on, Carly just wished he'd try sometimes. The other part was that Carly truly knew Sam, and when one truly knew Sam, one couldn't really blame her for acting the way she was. Carly only wished she didn't have to.

So Carly decided, if it was the last thing she'd do, she was going to fix this.

"I want to go on a trip," said Carly.

Both Freddie and Sam shared a quick glance of confusion.

"Well, Carly-" began Freddie hesitantly.

"We're going on a trip," Carly declared, cutting him off and speaking with such a tone of certainty, Sam didn't even bother to give her own protestations as she was surely about to, from the looks of her half-open mouth. Carly seemed to consider for a moment before she added, "somewhere sunny. Nice and warm, relaxing, but maybe a little exciting-California! Let's go to California."

"Okay," said Sam, her voice sounding a little funny and her strained smile looking a little funny in the same way. "Let's go to California."

"Promise?" said Carly. She looked to Sam and Freddie with expectation in her eyes and the intent to make sure they were going to carry on with her wishes.

Sam stared at her for a moment. The funniness had gone and replaced only with something more unreadable.

"Saaam," Carly groaned.

Sam curved her lips into something almost resembling a smile.

"Alright," she gave in, and Carly smiled in response.

"Freddie?" said Carly, looking to the brunette boy on her other side. Even though she had procured a promise from Sam, Carly was well aware that sometimes Sam lied, even if she didn't always mean to. Freddie, on the other hand, was the type of person who always followed through on his promises. It was a nice thing, then, how easy it was for Carly to get him to make them.

Freddie smiled, and if Sam's smile was dreary and jaded, more hopeless than hopeful, Freddie's smile was real if not big, genuine and filled with the deep kind of love one had for a life-long friend.

"For you? Anything," he said.

"God, you sound like when you were confessing your love every other day," remarked Sam snidely, recovering some of her spirit. She made a gagging motion and Freddie shot her a dirty look. He looked like he wanted to respond, but he held his tongue and Carly knew it was because she was in the room. She supposed she could give Freddie that, even if he was disappointing her on the Sam front.