Cas x Reader

Imagine... Cas giving you his trench coat to use as a blanket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How far?" You whined, shivering intensely.

"About 16 hours." Dean said patiently. It was freezing. Sam and Dean always insisted it was hot. You yawned as the soft purr of the Impala rocked you half to sleep. It was hard because Sam was snoring in the front seat.

"[Y/n], do you need to sleep?" Cas asked from next to you.

"Hm? No, I'm good." A betraying yawn escaped your mouth. You shook your head and shivered more.

"I think it would be best if you sleep."

"I don't want to."

Dean looked at you from the rear-view mirror. "[Y/n] go to sleep." He chuckled at you stubbornness.

"Fine." You grumbled, placing your head against the window. It didn't take long for you to fall asleep.

While Your Sleeping

"Dean, don't humans usually need blankets to sleep?" Cas asked. Sam snorted and almost woke up.

"Just to keep warm." He answered patiently. Cas looked over at your sleeping face and smiled softly. He slid off his trench coat and tucked it around your shoulders. Your shivering stopped after a couple minutes.

Waking Up

You were sound asleep until the car hit the brakes. The car shifted sideways and Cas was thrown into you. Sam crushed Dean against the door.

"I'm so sorry." Cas said, sitting up.

You rubbed the area of your head that got hit. "That's okay Cas." You muttered.

"Get off me you over-sized baby!" Dean cried. Sam was still half-asleep as he scooted over to his own seat. He settled back down and continued snoring.

"I think it would be best if you were closer to me." Cas said quietly. You slowly made your way to him. He shifted so his back was against the door. You spread yourself out across the backseat and cuddled into Cas. His arms wrapped stiffly around you. You fell asleep once again.