Castiel x Reader

WARNING: VERRY SAD

The quote lower is from a book called HoldStill by Nina LaCour

Imagine... Cas reading to you as you die in a hospital after a bad hunt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stared at the celling and fluttered your eyes with boredom. You couldn't move because of the tubes sticking out everywhere, even in your mouth. They wouldn't be there much longer, because neither would you. It was sad to think about, but why not confront the truth as it already is?

"Hello, [y/n]." The nurse always greeted you kindly, even with his husky voice it was comforting. "We get to take out your tubes today to see if your body rejects any organs. They were pretty damaged." He looked at the heart monitor and nodded, smiling. "Excellent!" He gestured to his buddies to help him take out the tubes. One lady held this breathing thing to your mouth and nose.

"This is going to put you to sleep so we can continue removing the tubes. Relax. It'll be over soon."

You instantly fell asleep. It only felt like minutes until you were woken up by crying.

"She only has an 11% chance of living this. We can put her on a machine but-"

"But she'll only be alive on the machine." Sam's voice cracked and he went outside. Probably to get coffee.

"Isn't there anything else you can do?" Dean asked frantically. He sounded ready to snap with frustration.

"I suggest you stay with her for now. Don't mention anything to her. She only has about a day if she isn't already..." He stopped and walked out, Dean following.

"[Y/n], open your eyes. I know your awake."

Who was that? You felt bad for not knowing right away. It was Cas. You opened your eyes even though everything was blurred. You looked in his direction as your eyes focused more, but not completely.

"Hey," You whispered. You couldn't talk any louder.

"[Y/n], I am deeply sorry. I didn't think your fate would catch up so fast..."

He was about to spill deep shit but that was enough. Death was coming to get you personally. You nodded and strained your head against your pillow.

"What would you like? Anything." He said desperately, grabbing your hand.

"Read to me. "

It was an odd request but he simply nodded. He searched for the book in your bag and pulled it out.

"Here's how I feel: People take one another for granted. Like, I'd just hang out with Ingrid in all these random places- in her room or at school or just on a sidewalk somewhere. And the whole time we'd tell each other things, just say our thoughts out loud. Maybe that would have been boring to some people, but it was never boring to us. I never realized what a big deal that was. How amazing it is to find someone that wants to hear about everything that goes on in your head. You just think that things will stay the way they are. You never look up, in a moment that feels like every other moment in your life and think, "Soon this will be over." But I understand more now. About how life works."

You thought about the lines for a moment. 'Soon this will be over...'

And you understand. You understand how life works and how the stars are aligned perfectly. You noticed this in Castiel's eyes as he stared at the heart monitor, blue eyes wide. He gulped.

"Hold still..." He whispered, kissing your hand.

His voice was the last thing that ever went through your brain as you drifted into an eternal slumber.

~~~~~

You look around the room, an old man replacing Cas. He had a black suit and gelled back hair. He had a brown wooden came was a glass skull on top.

"What a pleasure to meet again, [y/n]. I've had many encounters with your friend Dean. It's time to go." He stood and reached out his hand for you to take and follow him wherever you would end up.

"Wait," You could use your voice again, though it didn't sound like yours. "Will they be okay? Sam and Dean, I mean. And Cas."

"I really shouldn't tell you-"

"Please!" You needed to know.

"But," He started. "Your deserving. Yes they'll be okay. Eventually."

"Okay."

You took Death by the hand and followed him into your own Heaven.