Dean x Reader

Imagine... Stepping in front of Dean when his dad is drunk and goes to hit him then going to see Sam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been the worst month of your entire life. You dropped your best friend at college and John wouldn't shut up about it. He's been drunk since Sam told him he was leaving. Dean's on a little hunt and said he be back any minute. You hated being with the boy's father. He was cruel, but your dad, Bobby, said you could help them. You've been living with the Winchester's for over four years and Sam leaving made your stay here worse. The only reason you did stay because you need the boys. They were family, by blood or not.

"Hey." Dean greeted with a smile. You fake smiled back and hugged him tightly. He rested his head on your shoulder.

"You hurt?" You asked, rubbing his back. He shook his head.

"C'mere boy." John said, walking up. His belt was in his hands, threatening to lash on us. Dean pushed you behind him and stood his ground.

"What." Dean growled. John lifted the belt and lashed. But, before it hit Dean you pushed him and took the whip to your stomach.

"Fuck that hurts!" You panted, gripping your stomach. Dean took  a deep breathe in. You help his hand as bits of blood erupted from the wound. John slid his belt back into the placements and walked away without regret.

Dean crouched down next to you. He lifted the shirt gingerly to see the bright purple bruise across you skin. He winced and helped you up. It didn't affect your walking so you did that on your own. 

"I wish Sam was here." You muttered. Dean smiled sadly and nodded. He lifted you onto the small counter with no effort.

"After this we're going to see Sam." Dean whispered. He wrapped the wound quickly and helped you down. You threw clothes and food in a bag and headed to the car without hesitation.

Dean played soft rock music in the background, urging you to sleep. You looked at him and kissed his cheek. You lied down and nuzzled your head with his thigh. He gently stroked your hair. Your stomach stung with the movement but you ignored it. You fell asleep against your will and couldn't wait to see Sam.

Morning

"Babe, we're here." Dean said quietly. He had one arm protectively over your side. You sat up and rubbed the sleep from your eyes. You looked around and saw Sam's apartment. You saw the door open and Sam came out holding some blonde girls hand. Dean got out of the car and rushed up to him. You did the same.

"Jess, excuse me for a minute." Sam said, annoyed. Jess kissed him and walked away, smirking at you.

"Save it blondie. Not trying to steal your boyfriend."

"We'll see." She sneered. You walked closer to the brothers and herd them arguing.  

"Stop it." You told them. They didn't. They merely glanced at you.

"Goddammit! Stop acting like children and listen." You said angrily. Their voices died down and they both stared.

"I came to see Sam and I'm going to see Sam." You turned, back to Dean, and placed your hands on his shoulders. You unexpectedly smacked him right across the face. He looked surprised and held his face. You cut him off before you could say anything. "I told you to call me every week. You could've died."

"I'm fine here. I'm safe, okay. Stop worrying. Your better off without me anyway."

"No, we aren't. Show him." Dean orders. You obey and Sam sucks in breath.

"That was a dick move." You snarl at Sam. You quickly hug him and grab Dean's hand. "Lets go."

"Just loose my number." He shouts. You turn and glare at him.

"I already have." You yell back. Hurt spreads across his face as he hugs Jess.

Tears burn in the back of your eyes as Dean leads you to the car. When you get there, he pins you against the side of it. You put your hands around his neck and kiss him roughly. He squeezes your waist and pulls away. He pulled your head on his shoulder and rubbed your back.

"It's gonna be okay." He whispered in your ear. You shook your head. Dean opened the car door for you and then went to drive off.

Little did you know, it wouldn't. You wouldn't see Sam for three years after that day, and Dean would get worse and worse without him.