CHAPTER 8

The morning sun has risen in the city of Beijing and everyone is seen proceeding to their work but in a penthouse bedroom of one of the most expensive buildings, two souls are seen sleeping peacefully. The bedroom windows are covered with curtains so thick that the sun rays are not able to pierce them making the environment cozy for the occupants of the room.

The younger one has kept his head on the lap of the elder and is holding the waist of the latter as anchoring on the last twig of his life while The older is sleeping in the sitting position only while his hands are in the younger hair, as both of them are sleeping their breaths are falling into regular pace as the breath of the younger is complementing that of the older.

As these two souls are sleeping a peaceful silence is seen spreading in the room and only the breathing sound of both the occupants of the room can be heard, both of them are holding into each other in such a way that if anyone would have seen sle...

As these two souls are sleeping a peaceful silence is seen spreading in the room and only the breathing sound of both the occupants of the room can be heard, both of them are holding into each other in such a way that if anyone would have seen sleeping them like this, they would have felt envy of the bond these two have to sleep like this, little they would be knowing that the one in the lap of the other didn't even know about the presence of the other.
As these two are sleeping without any care for the outer world, a shrill ringtone of the phone echoed in the room disturbing the sleep of one of the occupants of the room.

The person with his closed eyes grabs his phone to answer it as he speaks in a sleepy voice, "Hello!"

"Where the heck are you, Xiao Zhan?" Came an anxious voice from the other side of the call making the other one try to slowly open his eyes.

"Sleeping, Kuan!" Came the indifferent response.

Kuan hearing the response is shocked as this is the first time Zhan has given him such a response because the latter has always been disciplined and proficient about his schedules so what happens today that the other is completely opposite of his attitude so he in a bit of an anxious voice asks,
"Everything fine, Zhan?"

Zhan hearing this replied, "yes Kuan" and then with a pause continued, "what happened?"

"Zhan, do you know what the time is?" Asked Kuan

"6:00 am" replied Zhan casually in his sleepy state.

"Sir, it's already 11:00 am" replied Kuan.

Zhan hearing this got startled and all his sleep left him. He removed the phone from his ear to check the time and it was indeed 11:00 am. Zhan cursed himself and realized that he had missed an important meeting of his today. He took the phone back to his ear as he spoke in a bit of irritated tone, "why didn't you call me earlier?"

Kuan hearing this spoke in a mocking tone, "sir, check your phone I have called you twenty times but you didn't answer"

Zhan when heard this opened his phone to check it and indeed there were twenty missed calls from his friend. On seeing this he releases a deep breath as he speaks, "I will be there in one hour!" And then with a pause asked, "Have you taken the notes of the meeting?"