Chapter 104

Olly's POV

I woke up groggily but happily. It was still dark outside and I want it to be.

My phone flashed and Mariana's name popped up as my eye squinted at the brightness.

Mariana: am I coming to you??

Olly: no, I'm coming to you. Do you want coffee, tea, or cocoa??

Mariana: cocoa me plzzzzz

Olly: you're gonna love this🥰

I smiled as I put on my coat and grabbed a backpack that was filled with two blankets, matching hydro flasks filled with hot cocoa, my camera equipment, a few snacks, and a speaker for me and Mariana to listen to music too.

I quietly slipped out the cabin unnoticed and shivered in the cold trying to adjust to the weather.

I see Mariana sitting on a rocking chair waiting for me and she rushes to me with her puff jacket and kisses.

"Goodmorninggggg," she pecks my nose and we giggle hand in hand.

"What's the surprise you had me sacrifice 3 hours of my beauty sleep for?" She yawns and smiles.

"It's only 5, I'll show you," I grab her hand and we run off into the woods next to her cabin.

<><><><><><><><>

"Olly, it's dark!" Mariana whisper yelled and she jumps closer to me as something skitters around us, breaking twigs.

"Shh," I playfully scolded her and she wasn't having it.

"I'm serious, there's something here and I don't want either one of us getting hurt," she holds my arm.

"Mariana, please," I giggled as I pushed through some branches and we came across the stream I found earlier.

It was somewhat purple and baby blue from the skies, but the stars still twinkled. Wherever there was white, it was covered in purple and pink from the skies and Mariana looked in awe.

Snow rabbits skittered across the snow and disappeared into bushes.

A few moments later, a deer that was a few feet from the side of us comes out, and I giggled.

"You were scared about getting our asses beat by a deer?" I raised my brow at Mariana, who's still looking at the scenery.

"Oll- shut up," she weakly punches me and still wanders down the bank.

I, on the other hand, found a nice comfy log to sit down on and pulled out the hot cocoa and animal crackers.

Trotting started getting louder as I continue to eat and it was the deer from earlier...

"Uhhh I don't speak deer but I'm pretty sure you want one of these," I placed an animal cracker in the palm of my hand and stuck it out carefully.

"Olly what are you-" I held my hand up stopping Mariana from whispering so she could watch me feed the deer.

"Oh my god..." she whispers coming closer and she pulls out her phone.

"Make sure the flash is off. Or else my ass is really going to get kicked by a deer," I grabbed a handful of animal crackers and used my free hand to pet the deer.

Mariana slowly walked around me and the deer getting all good angles of me feeding the nice guy.

"Hey, give me your hand," I call her over and I placed a few animal crackers in her hand.

"Olly, I'm not too sure," her hand started tensing up as I held it out towards the deer.

"Well, I'm sure. What more validation do we need?" I smiled and deer carefully nibbles at the crackers in her hand.

Slowly, I moved away and grabbed my phone and camera to take a picture of Mariana feeding the deer with the most precious smile on her face.

I don't think she's going to forget a moment like this anytime soon. Neither am I, I told myself I started to record what I could from this.

I shove my phone back into my pocket and packed everything up.

"I don't think we're suppose to feed stray animals Olly," Mariana warns as she wipes her hands clean with her handkerchief.

I mean, she's not wrong.

"He's not following us is he?" I turn around to see the deer no where in sight. Currently counting my luck right now because it completely flew over my head that we weren't  suppose to feed wild animals.

"No, I heard a branch snap and it scared him off. Pretty sure a bunny scared him because i saw it hopping from the direction the branch broke," she explains as we continue to head over the cliff side of the water fall.

"Whoah..." she whispers at the view we have.

I quickly pulled out my camera and recorded every angle of this view and even captured a couple of seconds of Mariana holding her arms out.

"What are you doing?" Mariana turns her head with a curious smile.

"If I can get the camera to work, I was gonna take pictures," I lied and she shrugs a beautiful grin.

"Oh Olly... I highly doubt I'm gonna forget something like this," she looks at me dreamily and I continue to focus the camera on her.

"We didn't even get to the best part," I started hiking down the cliff side and found a log and a tree stump sitting together.

I causally set the camera in the background where it was angled to capture me and Mariana watching the sunrise from the back of the waterfall where I found the hot springs in.

"This is beautiful," she leans her head onto my shoulder and I pass her the hot cocoa she requested.

"You're beautiful," I kissed her head and she hummed.

"I wish I could wake up to something like this with you every morning," Mariana's eyes get lost in the pink and orange clouds as the sky starts to turn baby blue.

"It's cold as hell," I scoffed and she playfully shoved me.

"Yeah but our love should be enough to warm eachother up," she makes puppy dog eyes and we both cackle at her corny line.

"All jokes aside, it is pretty cold," Mariana shivers when a small breeze brushed against us.

"Ever gone skinny dipping?" I started eyeing the small pathway I came across earlier when j wandered here alone.

"Olly?! It's literally freezing! How could I possibly think about that?!" She yells and a few birds started flying out of the tree.

I gathered our belongings and shrugged a smile, "you'll just have to wait and see," I picked up the camera and started heading towards the waterfall.