Chapter 165

Mariana's POV

I'm not entirely sure but these weeks are going by pretty fast, spring break literally starts on Friday and our competition starts once we resume school.

Cindy hasn't been flirty or any of that since the last time we played laser tag- I don't think we'll be playing that game for a while. Or making any bets any time soon...

Matt and chirharu are actually good friends and gave the whole Cindy thing a rest- after Chiharu got her number and her and Cindy have been hanging out here and there but no official date, yet. I'll pull some strings from my end to help Chiharu out.

I don't think Cindy's ready to date a girl but she is exploring what it's like to be intimate with one. Chiharu is pretty laid back and just flows really. She's not looking for anything or expecting anything, which is what Cindy needs because I know how critical she gets when she's scared.

Nothing to be ashamed about, I'm glad I was her first. Who better to pick than a trusted friend?

But maybe Chiharu can take over now, Olly's sexual appetite is hard enough to keep up with. I'm sure I can handle it if i wasn't on the varsity team but jeez she can go a few rounds.

"Boop," a finger taps my nose and my head comes back to reality.

"Zoned out again," Olly gives a small smile and we're in the school parking lot splitting a cold sub, chips and a drink.

"S-sorry," I flushed a light shade of pink and she grabs my hand to kiss the top of my palm.

"No worries!" She smiles again. It's been eating me up alive day by day. How do I tell her?

How could I tell her?

"Uhhh Olly?" I started up.

"Yeah?" She turns to me with a mouthful of food and crumbs on her face. I couldn't help but laugh as I reached for a napkin and cleaned her up a bit. She took a big gulp and washed it down with a sip of her drink.

"Thanks," her eyes sparkled brightly and her lips curved.. god I hate this.

"Would you be mad at me if I did something bad?" I mumbled. Did I even word that correctly?

Technically fucking speaking, what I'm doing is bad.

"Um no? I would help you through it first," she shrugs and takes another bite of her sandwich.

"Y-you would?!" I was not prepared for a response like that.

"Yeah... and then get mad about it afterwards. It's stressful as shit to tell someone you fucked up and then reaction just adds on to that shitty feeling and what you need is help," she raises her brows unaware of what I'm asking.

"What if it's a secret?" I set my sandwich down and just looked at her.

"I mean... we all have secrets. I have some that you don't know about but I'm not comfortable with talking about them. No, they don't affect you, it's just- something I'd keep under wraps... We tend to believe that keeping a secret is bad and in all cases they are. But some cases, we keep secrets to protect someone from getting hurt... but in reality, the longer they're kept in the dark about it, the more damage would take place- wait, where's all this coming from?" She shakes her thoughts and starts to become concerned.

"Nothing!" I blurted out.

"M&M's.." she gives me a look and I didn't budge.

"...Mariana," she says my name.

"Mariana Marie!" She exclaims with a small smile and I give in.

"I- lost ss-somethinggg very uh- important- yes! I lost something that you gave me over Christmas in my car and I was embarrassed to tell you," I pulled out such a shitty lie.

Great, I'm a liar. I'm such an ass.

"What did you lose? I can look for it now," she bags up our food and stand out the car to dust off food crumbs.

The second she turned around, I quickly took out a Polaroid photo of us and jiggy wearing matching ugly sweaters at my fireplace and it was when Jiggy had opened his first Christmas present to a gigantic dog bone and he was smiling so hard, his tongue couldn't stay in...

I found a small spot to tuck it away somewhere and quickly tidied myself.

"Alright, what did we lose?" She leans on the car resting her head on her forearm.

"The photo with Jiggy over Christmas break..." I continued to lie.

"Oh the one where he opened his first present?" Her face lit up.

"Mmhmm," I became more and more ashamed.

"I have the original on my phone. We can print it out like a Polaroid photo at Walgreens. It's just a simple custom print, no biggie," she hops back in and kisses my cheek.

I- well... okay then.

"Thank you Olly, you have no idea how good of a girlfriend you are..." I adjusted my review mirrors and took a deep breath before starting the car.

"It's a picture," she laughs care freely.

<><><><><>