Chapter 133

Nicole's POV

Payton had to drive me home I was such a wreck after everything.

"I know I called her a knight in shining armor the first time you mentioned her but," she cuts herself short when I choked a laugh and sniffled a bit.

"Yeah, tell me about it," I ran my hand through my shitty hair and my smiled faded into tears the more I continued to think about what could've happened if Olly didn't have enough time to do what she did.

"Hey she's okay, that's all that matters. Your girl is okay," my sister grips my shoulder and lifts my chin as she continues to drive.

"How am I suppose to be able to sleep like everything's okay and not consider the possibility of how close she was to dying?!" I raged and my sister pulls up my to my apartment.

"Do you have any regrets with her?" She said plainly and I stopped crying for a brief moment.

"I regret leaving her," I muttered. "So much, I'd drink myself away at night, but I can't even do that without feeling guilty because she doesn't want me to do that!" I slam my hand on the headboard.

"Then it wasn't her time to die. Just leave it at that. Consider it a sign that she was meant to survive. Sometimes you have to make peace with what's happened, don't let it consume you," Payton takes a philosophical approach. Which I call bullshit. Olly could've died tonight. Why am I the only one taking this so seriously?

The hell am I making peace with?

"I refuse to make peace when another woman has her heart," I scoffed.

"You were never this selfish with Michael," my sister teased.

"Michael doesn't know how to change oil," I rolled my eyes and we both laugh at my retort.

Heading back to my apartment, I found everything was clean and spotless. Payton makes herself comfortable by pouring a glass of wine and I just made a pot of tea as usual.

"Hey, out of everyone that was at the hospital tonight, you were the most traumatized. Xavier didn't even cry," Payton starts.

"Yeah because I care about her the most," I snarled at the thought of someone being concerned about Olly more than me.

"Easy tiger, just dial it back. I'm sure her dad was concerned," my sister suggested and I took a deep breath to reconsider my harshness towards Olly's well being.

"You have her number, yeah?" Payton made my puffy eyes lift and I reached for my phone.

"But what do I say?" I started second guessing everything.

"Just check in on her. Hear it for yourself that she's okay. This is more for you than for her," my sister insists and I dialed it.

The phone rang a couple times before it gave an automated response then it jumped to voicemail; "heyyooo this is Olly, sorry I couldn't get to your call in time. I was probably napping, skateboarding, in the garage or- hey! Jiggyyyy? No, put it down. Put it-" Olly's voice gets cut off by running and constant barking from Jiggy.

I started crying more because just hearing her voice and how alive she is makes me so relieved that nothing would harm a hair on that precious head of hers. I've already proven myself unstable when it comes to her and I won't deny the weakness I have with her.

A beep goes off and I almost forgot that this was a voicemail. I quickly hung up before I sniffled out loud again and I just quietly cried as I drank my tea. I couldn't stop trembling. To do what Olly does.... never. I don't think I or someone else can stare at death in the face at the idea of protecting others is outweighed by the possibilities of a disaster.

Goddamnit olly.

The affect you have on others- on me... consider me being the one that's now obsessed.

I remained to myself and Payton accompanied me for the night.

<><><><><>