Chapter 156

Cindy's POV

"Strap em up!" Olly handed Chiharu a vest and a holster.

They both snickered at the comment knowing they were thinking the same thing. Immature as hell.

"Literally, do you have to make a slick comment about everything?" I groan.

"Listen bitch, we're about to lose and you're going on your first lesbian date," Matt grunts as he rummages through the buckles.

"Dumb fuck, we're on the same goddamn team," I slapped the back of his head as he contains a laugh.

"Come on Matt have some faith. We do have an advantage in numbers," Mariana remains positive about the situation. She struggles to buckle up in her vest but Olly rushes over to help her before me or Matt offered.

"That don't mean shit," he blurts.

Such team spirit.

"It could be all four of us against Olly and we'd still lose. Yall haven't seen how competitive she gets at the arcade like I have," Matt retorted as his brows scrunched and I rolled my eyes. He's really taking this to heart.

"Hate to break it to you my love, Matt's right. When it comes to experience, more than likely you'll find me up on top," Olly emphasized and Mariana blushed as she catches on.

"Ugh, gag me," I shook my head.

"If that's what you have in mind for our first date, then I'm all for it," Chiharu starts a conversation and gets under my skin.

"Get ready to lose," I stepped up to her face to face.

"Hope you like candlelit dinners," she contributes to the tension between us. I scoffed as I have nothing else to say or counter that.

Slick bastard.

"Uhhhhh, team A go to the hall on your left... team B, hall on the right," an employee points out which ways to go.

"When you hear the buzzer, you may begin. Most points win," he instructs us hesitantly. As he should; this is going to be the biggest blood bath of all time.

"Focus all of your fire on Olly, I doubt Chiharu has even half the skill as her," Matt finishes looking at some map and grabs his gun taking position.

"Whatever," I agreed and unholstered my gun as well.

"Stakes are high," Mariana mumbled off and she flinched as a siren goes off with a big red flashing light and the gates opened on cue.

The black walls were lit up with neon paint splatters and a black light covering every inch of the room. The walls had small windows and it almost seemed like a maze.. I'm not losing.

It was nothing but the sound of our footsteps moving out of sync. I let Matt lead since he knows our enemy best.

"Mariana watch my six, Cindy, watch my four and my eight," he continues to keep look out.

"What the hell?" I whispered yell.

"Sorry Matt, but what?" Mariana joins in.

We both have no idea what the hell he was talking about.

"Mariana watch my back and Cindy watch my left and right," he shrugs but keeps his focus on the front.

"Ohhhhhhhhh," me and Mariana looked at eachother and did as he said.

It's been the longest ten fucking minutes of my fucking life. We should've found them by now.

"What the hell? Where are they?" Matt stops in his tracks and lowers his weapon. Since he lowered his, me and Mariana lowered ours.

"I didn't hear or see any movement while we scoped out the entire place," Mariana tries to recall what she had seen recently since the match started.

I hear a sharp inhale from Matt as a red dot glowed from his vest and it buzzed.

"I didn't shoot!" I exclaimed and Matt reached over to cup my mouth with his hand.

"Shush!" He whisper yelled.

"I know I'm clumsy but I didn't shoot either. I doubt the other team benefits from friendly fire anyway," Mariana whispers.

I shove Matt off of me and readjusted my vest comfortably.

Another red dot flashed at the center, and then another and then another...

"Brace yourselves!" Matt yells at the top of his lungs and next thing you know all three of us are scrambling for cover and we ran into walls as we endlessly have red dots on ours vests.

"They have us cornered!" Mariana yells.

"How the fuck did they manage to do that?!" I call back and unholster my gun again ready to fight back.

Despite being in a dark room, Matt's face was pale as ever as he stared at my gun..

"What?" I became concerned and looked down at it.

"The laser pointers... they turned theirs off- damnit!" He curses.

"What does that have to do with anything?! They found us!" Mariana frantically scrambles for her gun.

"Yeah because our laser pointers were on! We had our guns pointed in every direction on the platform, they were able to triangulate our location.. but how?" He continues to think as all three of us are huddled up against a wall trying to keep from getting shot at.

"High ground!" He snaps his fingers.

You know what? I'm just gonna sit this out. Let the man think.

"Olly- that smart ass, she must've studied the map as well," he concludes.

"Didnt you study the map before the match started?" I raised a brow.

"Yes, but Olly studied the map to come up with a plan. I studied it to not get lost... she's probably up in the tower. I say we rush her... Stick to the walls that shield us from the tower. We have to maneuver quickly if we need to change our positions. We're sitting ducks out here and there's only fifteen minutes left. We can turn this around if we ambush her," Matt readies himself.

"Right," me and Mariana said in sync.

"On my mark, one at a time so she lesser chances of gaining anymore points," Matt signals with his hand.

One by one, we rotated between movements going across the arena. We were surprisingly sweating and we needed a spare second to catch our breaths from all the tumbling and flips we did from wall to wall.

"We're almost there," Mariana heaves with a tired breath. Her gun accidentally falls from her holster and she turns around to retrieve it...

Oh my god...

"Uhhh Mariana?" I started to ask the question Matt was going to ask as well..

"Why the hell do you have red dots covering you entire back?!" He exclaims in panic and he frantically checks his back and we see red dots on his back as well.

"How the hell?!" I panicked and checked my back and it was glowing red everywhere!

"Why didn't we feel the buzzer when we got shot?!" Matt freaks out and I won't lie, I'm freaking out too.

"Hey what do these buttons do?" Mariana points at the bottom of her gun after picking her gun up and notes that words were scuffed off.

Matt checks the bottom of his gun and sees the same two buttons.. I see them as well on mine.

"Silencers and aim assist. They made adjustments to their guns so we couldn't detect their presence or acknowledge when we got shot..." Matt groans and drops to the ground.

"That doesn't make any sense, you said Olly was at the tower. You said Olly is smart enough to study the terrain and she's more than likely to be up there!" I yelled at him.

"How can she possibly double back and tag us from the back without sprinting like hell?" Mariana continues to contemplate..

"Chiharu!" We all looked at one another. We were all so focused on Olly, we completely forgot that Chiharu was in on this as well.....