Chapter 170

Olly's POV

School.... hmmmmmmm

School. School, school, school....

"Nope, doesn't feel the same anymore," I threw my hands up in defeat and Matt gave me a pat on the back.

"I don't think anything is bound to be the same..." Chiharu joined in.

"What's one thing I can stay positive about- just one," I sighed and kicked a nearby locker.

"Senior prom is around the corner," Matt concluded.

"That would be so hot," Chiharu licked her lips.

"I don't think I wanna dress up..." I'm still bummed about adjusting to the new boundaries me and Mariana placed ourselves. I actually have to try not to hold her too long because i have tendency to make our hugs last longer than usual and Cindy taps both of us in the head.

Typical.

"Who said anything about a dress?" She caught me and Matt's attention.

"I wanna see you in a tux," she winked at the both of us and walked off when the first bell rang.

"Holy shit..."

"Chiharu's into you, dude!" Matt shoved my shoulder out of pure shock.

"No, calm down. I wanna see me in a tux!" I gripped him by the shoulders and shook him up and down.

"Plans after school?" He suggested and I grinned at the thought.

"We should match," he hands me skateboard and we start heading to our English class.

"Coordinate. I wear red and black, you wear black and red," I stared off with a smile on my face trying to imagine what I'd look like with a tux.

"Fuck the school, let's coordinate in royal blue and black," Matt said very boldly.

I took a moment to stop and eye him up and down as he stands before me in his cheer uniform... should I say it?

"Shut the fuck up, I know that look," he rolled his eyes and I started laughing.

"You know..." Matt sighed.

"I think you should do a prank today. I think it'll put you back in the groove of things," we took a turn down a hallway.

"I wouldn't know what to think of," I sighed and saw the cheer team walking together in a group coming out the locker rooms.

"Hey- oh- hey olly," they all quickly changed their tones to a more gloomy one the second time they spoke to me.

"What gives?" Matt raised his brow.

"Well, you know what happens whenever someone breaks up with one of the squad members," one of the girls spoke up.

Oh, it's a cheerleader thing.

Makes sense.

I kinda don't care.

"No, it's fine," I placed my hand on Matt shoulder and he gripped the handle of his backpack harder, his knuckles tighten.

"If you shun Olly, you're making a huge mistake," Matt growled.

"We don't make mistakes," Cindy catches everyone's attention.

Mariana follows behind her, nervous as always- cute... no, I can't think like that.

"Rules are rules Matt, what are you going to do? You're not even co-captain. Spare your best friend the embarrassment and let her deal with the outcome. She dated one of our squad members, she broke up with them, the special treatment ends," Cindy started filing her nails.

I'm really not in the mood, but Matt definitely was.

"Olly was getting special treatment long before her and Mariana became a couple. Your bullshit rule has no logic," Matt nearly barked and his voice echoed across the hallway and he threw his backpack at the wall.

"Hey, I said it's no big deal. The cheerleaders are Cindy's. We have our own territories to flaunt in," I tried to shine light in the situation.

"Cindy doesn't own shit, we don't own shit. We're friends and goddamnit we share!" Matt started getting really heated.

"Okay Donavan, yeah, we're friends- but do you think it's a good idea for these two to still hang around each other so comfortably after such a hard breakup? This is my rule. Deal with it," Cindy hissed and the girls started to whisper.

"Matt, just drop it," I almost pleaded. I really don't need-

"I quit," Matt said subtle but firmly.

Mariana's mouth dropped wide open and the rest of the girls gasped. Cindy's brow twitched as her Patience is being tried.

"Cut the shit, Donavan," Cindy scoffed.

But I know Matt... he's not kidding with that look in his eye.

Without hesitation, Matt took off his cheer jersey and ripped in half with his bare hands.

"Oh my god..." I whispered in shock to myself.

Yep, middle school Matt is back. The man does not give a fuck about anything anymore. I can't even get through to him. It's official; there's now two notorious delinquents. I mean Matt was snazzy but now? Yeah new heights.

"M-Matt!" Cindy was startled but he didn't stop there.

He went for his sweat pants and ripped those off too. He was standing in the middle of hallway in a pair of aqua teal boxers with pink flamingos on them and is white Nike socks and matching slides. His dad's and uncle's military dog tags were dangling from his neck. He never talks about the story behind them. I only know because back then, we were each other's only friend.

"Come on man, I've had it," he scoffs and picks up his backpack and tosses it on back as he walks away from the girls.

"Yeah, okay Matt! I'll see you after school AS USUAL FOR PRACTICE," Cindy screeches.

She doesn't know him like I do, he's not coming back. And if he does... just hope he doesn't.

"Cindy, I think he actually quit?" I heard one of the girls whispered and Cindy stomped off in disbelief as I parted ways.

I get a text from my phone and I got excited when it was from Mariana.

Mariana: talk to him and I'll talk to Cindy??

Olly: you betcha

Mariana: take it easy💕

Olly: oh I have it easy. You're the one who has to deal with her😂

Mariana: to think they're the ones worried about us🤣

Olly: here were are worrying about them smh...

Mariana: can I come over again later tonight?

Olly: sneak* Cindy's gonna kill you

Mariana: jiggy will protect me🥰

Olly: my dog is not part of the protection service program. Get a pet fish or something. It's gonna die shortly anyways

Mariana: oh my god😭

I raised my head to look back one more time before turning the corner out the hallway and me and Mariana shared a genuine look. I know we're capable of being friends, we just need to figure it out in our own way...

Preferably one that doesn't divide up our friendships.

<><><><><><><><><><><>