Chapter 62

Olly's POV

"Why can't I come home yet?" I paced around Nicole's apartment wondering I can't come to my own house.

"I have to sort things out with your mother, this is more serious than it looks Olly. You may be an adult, but a mother has lost her mind if she just leaves her only child stranded on the other side of the state- she ran away from me!" I hear my mom exclaim on the phone line.

"You still have a responsibility to make sure she gets home! You took her out there, you bring her back. You left my daughter stranded on the other side of Florida?!" My dad exclaimed.

"Oh she's your daughter? Just yours alone?!" My mom retorted back.

"She's always been my daughter since you left!" He yelled back.

I couldn't stop pacing back and forth, "hey sport," he talks to me again in a calm voice.

"Hey old man," and he chuckled.

"You can come home around late tonight. I just need to take care of things with your mother okay?" Thats the dad I know. I never seen him so upset.

"Can we get Phad Thai for dinner?" I walked into the bathroom and realized I looked like shit.

"Whatever you like, just sit tight at Nicole's, bye bye" he hangs up and my heart just bursted into all types of emotions.

I ran the hot water and I left my phone to continue charging. I set it to dnd and gave my dad and Nicole a bypass whenever they try and contact me. I don't feel too social right now.

For some reason, I know I should be upset. But I'm not. I don't know my mother, which is probably why I'm not too amped up about being stranded. I mean- yeah I ran off. But she pisses me the hell off.

I hopped out the shower and dried off. I really hope she leaves, the woman is literally irrelevant in my life right now.

I was getting bored in the apartment after I took Jiggy for a little stroll around the community and fed him. He's so simple to take care of, I wish I had a dog sooner.

I was gonna text Nicole and annoy her or something like that until I hesitated..

Why am I hesitating?

Flashes from a few nights ago flooded my mind and I remember: I burnt the skateboard she pawned her wedding for...

I let out a roar of frustration on the balcony and jiggy nudges me with his wet nose. Oh I couldn't be mad with a clumsy pup like you.

I scoop him up and cradle him in my arms as his paws dance in the air.

"What should I do? I know I should tell her but- I don't wanna come up empty handed. I need to make it up to her," I bit my lip trying to concentrate.

I tsk with a great idea and jiggy makes a curious noise with his bark, "I've got it," I put my shoes on and took him with me as I locked up the apartment.