Chapter 107

Olly's POV

"You're corrupting my right hand, Marshall, she's the only pure one we have on the team," Cindy scolds me.

"It's not like we got caught or mauled by a fucking bear," I groaned.

"I wish I watched the sunrise and went skinny dipping in a cave that was behind a waterfall and that had a hot springs inside of it...." Matt dragged out the situation and sighed dreamily.

"We had fun, why are you defiant on that?" I rolled my eyes and Cindy scoffs in disbelief.

"Olly, Mariana is literally the innocent one on the cheer leading team. She's our symbol of hope that all the girls are pure. Stop corrupting her," Cindy explains and I still don't see anything holding water to my concern.

"Well we had a great time, thanks for asking," I concluded and Cindy scoffs again making Mariana giggle.

"I had fun Cindy," Mariana spoke up.

"Unbelievable. The one pure cheerleader I have is now corrupt. My virgin ears," Cindy wails making a scene in the cafè.

"At least I'm still a virgin," Mariana laughs.

Matt choked on his drink and Cindy damn near passed out just by glaring.

"Don't look at me, I didn't teach her that," I threw my hands up in defense.

"You're a virgin for now..." Cindy squints her eyes at Mariana and they both laugh at their tension. Wait- what's that suppose to mean.

"Picking back up from earlier, at least Mariana has someone to share the holidays with," Matt jumps in pissing Cindy off even more.

"What's your problem?!" Cindy throws a celery stick at Matt.

I chucked a chicken nugget at her forehead, "mess with him, mess with me," I smirked as I picked up another chicken nugget.

"And if you mess with her, you mess with me," Mariana swiped the nugget and dips into the honey mustard sauce and eats it with satisfaction.

"As if I'll submit to you," I gave her a good smirk that made her flinch.

"Mariana is such a bottom, she can't even talk back," Matt chuckles making her turn pink.

"Who's side are you on?" Mariana blushes with embarrassment and hides in my shoulder.

"Obviously my own," he flips his hair and snaps his finger.

"More  like he can't choose between two sides," Cindy mumbles.

"And what are you implying hmmmm?" Matt bats his eyes at her.

"N-nothing! Ugh fuck off donavan," she shoves him out the booth and Nicole looks at our table with a concerned look.

"He's pissing me off!" Cindy whines.

"Heyyyyyy Ms. Waters," Matt chinks a smile and nods at her.

"10 second rule! Get up or else you're not sitting next to me," Cindy scoffs.

Matt quickly gets up and hangs his arm around Cindy's shoulder and she raises a brow as if she's just about to kill him.

Oh boy...

"Oh come on, fix your face. Normally when you use the ten second rule it's to determine whether or not food is still edible. I'm not edible to you anymore?" He smirks.

"You're full of shit!" She screeches and shoves him out the booth again, but this time she toppled over him trying to leave the cafe.

"I need air!" She storms out.

"Huh.... I thought what I said was smooth," Matt scratched his goatee.

"Wait- you were being deadass?!" Mariana softly gasps.

I was honestly speechless. The man here as learned the arts of persistent flirting. The style of flirting is so persistent because whatever the person you're flirting with says, you can twist around to your advantage. We've been at this for the longest. He finally used it.... on Cindy though? I guess she's good to practice with.

"Eh- might need some work," he dusts himself off and shrugs a smile.

"She's just in denial that we'd actually be a great couple," he casually sits back down.

"I- wow... Cindy? You? Together??? I actually see it! I'm not sure if I'm disturbed that I can see you two together or the fact I'm considering it," I shook my head with a grin.

"This has been the biggest curve ball in the history of Key West," Mariana eats her soup.

"Here, here," me and Matt raised our cups and toasted with a laugh.