Chapter 183

Nicole's POV

Honestly, it's been stressful enough to make sure the staff are where they're suppose to be and making sure they're keeping tabs on the students.

The last thing I need or want right now is to end up on the news for drugs, alcohol, rape, fight outbreaks, shootings and lord knows the possibilities with young adults these days.. I just want everyone to be safe and have fun tonight.

We just have to make it through to-

"Holy shit," I mumbled as I see a blue Dodge Challenger growl into the parking lot with led lights glowing from underneath the car and extremely dark tinted windows.

Students howled and whistled as it slowly cruised in looking for a space and the engine revved causing smoke and flames to burst from- the tube thingy at the bottom- I honestly don't know and don't care.

As long as it's a controlled environment and everyone is-

"And the driver is just as hot!" One of the jocks whistled and a young woman wearing a royal blue satin silk dress with laced heels that were bringing out the curves in her legs... the dress was bringing out the rest of her curves. Her hair was in a bun with two strands coming down by the sides and her gold hoops glimmered across the parking lot. She twirled her keys around her freshly done nails and her brows were naturally arched as her eyes were accented by her lashes.

I don't recognize her..

"Damnnnnnnn girl- you knew the assignment," I recognized Matt's voice.

"And she's giving what the fuck is suppose to be gave. Listen, I don't know who you are but you a bad fucking bitch pooh!" My eyes captures Cindy strutting across the parking lot behind Matt with her blonde hair shining with every stride she takes.

"Cindy, don't let coach hear you talk like that!" Mariana comes running along.

"What's so bad about it? It actually sounds like a compliment this time," Chiharu- the new transfer student on my file- she fits in with them rather nicely.

Im actually relieved that she's settling in the states really smoothly. She has potential as one of our stem students going abroad with her accomplishments. With the people she's around, Chiharu is etched in stone to being some of the most successful students in the long run...

It wasn't long before Olly showed up with a small bouquet of white Lillies and was strolling behind everyone in a fitted tusk that was making me ache to just pop each button off..

You've got to be kidding me.

I don't know how she does it, no matter where, she just knows where to look and gives me a small smile..

"Damn you," I muttered under my breath and headed inside to check on the staff.

It's the fact I know she's on a date, that specifically told her to go on and enjoy and yet- she still gives me butterflies.

The music was pulsing through the gym floors and the lights were well lit: not too much not too little, just enough.

"Miriam?" I called over and she was dancing on the floor along with the students.

No wonder Olly adores the Librarian, I laughed to myself and let her be..

Speaking of Olly, the second her friends walked in, everyone was looking in their direction. The way the made their entrance, it was as if they run the damn school- and shit, after spending an entire year with them, they practically do.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the kings and queens of Key West High!" Our DJ praised and everyone cheered.

Our school yearbook photographers flashed their cameras.

"You heard correctly, King Donavan and King Olly the great, Queen Mariana, Queen Cindy and our newly addition: Chiharu!" He continued.

"Hey! The next time you say Chiharu, put Queen in front of it!" Matt yelled across the room and his voice was practically louder than the applause.

Should be no surprise, he did do cheer.

I saw Olly and her date whisper in each other's ear.

I know I told her to go on that date, but I just want to know what it was that they were talking about.

"This is my chance.." I could talk to myself and not a single person could hear over the commotion.

I weaved through the crowd and follow alone by the refreshments table fixing punch.

"Hey, you," I greeted her and I realized she was wearing cologne that made me weak in my knees.

It's aching enough as is with the royal blue silk tux she's wearing and the way her bun is tied back.

"Nothing much," she shrugged and I found myself following her as she leans against the wall and takes a sip.

"Why the down feeling? Aren't you excited?" I wanted to know what's wrong.

This is her last prom, she should be excited.

"You're not my date," she was frowning and looked bored as hell.

"Olly-

"I knowwwww you said go have fun and honestly, Matt was right about one thing," she paused to take another sip of her punch..

"If it were up to me, I'd skip out on prom to spend the night with you. I get you two mean well, but stuff like this? Getting dressed up, overly large crowds?? Not my thing. The bond fire party for my birthday was good enough as a gathering for me- but this? Jesus, I can hardly breathe with this damn thing on," she scoffed and shook her head with a helpless smile and her jawline became visible in the dimmed lighting...

"Olly, office now," I grabbed her wrist and snuck her out the back door.

I can't take this...