Chapter 80

Mariana's POV

I woke up to the sound of a familiar car door closing and I practically stumbled out of my bed with a bogging hang over.

"Shit, they're home! I didn't even clean up! Are we gonna talk about why their home so early?" I panicked and rubbed my head. I'm so fucked.

I noticed my night stand had a two aspirins and a glass of water with a note,

Hope you don't mind me borrowing one of your oversized T-shirts
- olly

I smiled at the note and noticed her nurse costume was folded neatly to the side. We kissed... again. And she likes me back, I bit my lip getting lost in my thoughts.

"Focus, Mariana!" I mentally slap myself and change into some decent clothes and look somewhat presentable.

I was rushing down the stairs trying to come up with the best shit story to get myself out of this mess but I slowed down to the sound of laughing and the smell of cooked food.

"So you're the troublemaker Mariana keeps raving about," my mom laughs as she sips on a cup of coffee and eats a plate full of breakfast.

The house... it's clean!

"Hey there princess!" My dad cheers and greets me with a tight hug and a kiss on the head.

"H-hi," I try to readjust myself.

"Olly here was just telling us how tired you were about getting up so early in the morning to take your SAT, I'm so proud of you. I know you did great on it, messy hair says it all," he lets go of me and sits back down on the couch.

"Hey, I made you a plate," Olly greets me with food wearing one of my shirts. I took the plate and set it aside and dragged her up the stairs.

"How is this place so clean!" I whisper yelled.

"If this is how you're going to thank me, by all means, just keep doing what you're doing," she whisper yelled back.

"You did this?" I calmed downed and she smiles brightly.

"Well duh," Olly played around and punched my shoulder.

We awkwardly stood there in silence and I decided to make my first move- ever.

"Mariana.." Olly touched her lips where I gave a quick peck and she looked right through my eyes making me feel warm all over.

"We can talk about the kiss later, my parents are downstairs," I go back down and they were already heading out... bummer.

"I'm sorry we couldn't stay any longer princess, we were here in the city on a mandatory meeting. We'll be home for thanksgiving break. Olly, I know it's pretty forward, but would your family mind coming over for thanksgiving? It's been a pleasure for the short time being," my dad comes over to kiss me on my head one last time and my mom gives me the tightest hug with another paining  smile. She hates leaving me just as much as I hate them for it.

"Uh- sure! I'll just have to talk it out with my dad and stuff. I mean it's a month away, I'm sure that's more than enough time to convince him to say yes," she plays it smoothly but I can see it in her eyes, she's shocked as hell.

"Great, Mariana, call us if you need anything. We'll do the best that we can, we love you!" My mom waved off as they left from the front door.

"Whew... just met your parents and it started off with not just one lie, but multiple," Olly chuckled to herself.

"You didn't have to," I shrugged. What did I do to deserve this?

"I felt like I owe you one. You always went out your way for me and could've been off somewhere else," Olly smiled genuinely and her freckles were so cute.

"I'd rather be with you than anywhere else," I bit the side of my finger and she reaches over the coffee table to hand me my breakfast again.

She didn't say anything, she just sat on my couch comfortably and set up a random anime series for us to watch, I think I put her on.

"Hey Olly?" I broke the silence.

"Mhmmmm?" She still remains looking at the tv.

"Are we dating?" I nibbled on my pancakes.

"I literally just got invited to spend thanksgiving with your parents after making them breakfast and cleaned your house in your clothes. I'm pretty sure we are," she pulls me in to cuddle with her.