Chapter 171

Nicole's POV

(stop fucking smiling. I can feel that shit from here LMFAO)

So Matt's running around in flamingo boxers with a pair of slides on, why am I not surprised by this?

Judging the security footage trying to play back what the hell I just saw... he quit the cheer team- that... that one, I didn't expect.

A quiet knock caught my ear and I sighed heavily but hopefully, "come in," i chirped.

"I- this is the first time you've knocked," I was taken aback by Olly's entrance. Damn does she still know how to catch people off guard.

"Uh- yeah... why am I just realizing this?" Olly looked lost, which hardly ever happens. Too much is going on through her head, even her brows are doing that cute furrowed thing when she's thinking too hard.

"You're in a world of your own, there's no time to knock trying to keep up with you," I teased and pointed to a seat across from my desk and closed my laptop to give my full undivided attention.

Olly wouldn't budge, she just looked at me with a blank stare.

"At least tell me what's going on with Matt and why he's refusing to put on any clothing the dean is offering," I sighed.

Olly flopped in the seat and was still staring off into space, it was as if she was searching for the right words to say.

"... me and Matt go way back..." she starts off.

"I wouldn't be surprised," I rested my head on my hand and just gave her my full attention.

To have the privilege to catch a glimpse of what's going on in Olly's mind, this has always been one of the most interesting things about her.

"And well- since me and Mariana broke up-

"Wait- what?!" I popped straight up into my chair and damn near out of it.

Olly shrugged.

I'm having a hard time trying to be supportive and a good sport but oh my god- they broke up?! I may have been narcissistically sadistic at the thought of these two together but shit- at least they were stable the entire time!

"Yeah, we broke up..." Olly still looked bummed out with talking about it.

"Was it at least mutual?" I showed concerned and it's been a while since those blues eyes met mine... it's never gotten old.

"Yeah, but-

"No buts. Do you know how hard it is to mutually break up with someone and still be on good terms with them?" I gained her attention.

"No...." she sighed.

"You love her," i looked at her deeply and she exchanged the same look.

There was a brief silence when we looked at one another but she broke it, "loved. I loved being her girlfriend. I loved how things were never problematic. We'd actually talk things out. We never fought. Not once, we'd compromise here and there. Everything was-

"Perfect..." I said forcefully but pleasingly. Whenever there was a rough patch between me and olly, I tended to take things out on her...

"No, everything was peaceful," Olly declared.

I want to understand, but I can't. I don't even know where she's going with this.

"When have you ever known me to be calm and collected?" Olly hits me with a legitimate question that puts everything into perspective.