Chapter 147

Nicole's POV

I arrived to school about two hours earlier than usual. This is ridiculous.

I'm still shaken up with Olly's bruises and she continues to walk around with a happy smile on her face. I'm just shaken up over Olly in general.

Settling in my office, I brewed a fresh pot of coffee and enjoyed the silence of the school building. It's certainly more comforting when things are quiet, I actually feel like I can get some work done.

Xavier has been nonstop raving about how Olly saved him like she was an underrated superhero- which she is.. she's always been a super hero.

I smiled softly at his aspirations to be like her. He's in for a trip.

I got started on a few emails and time passed fairly quickly when school buses and other faculty members started pouring into the building. This was in fact a fairly peaceful morning- a productive one at that.

"We had time to stop by and sooooo get something to eat," I hear a voice whine from my window.

I didn't have to open the blinds, I softly giggled at the person. I already know who it is.

"After the food you ate last night?! And Matt, don't go snickering off like you've done no such thing. The both of you literally went for round two at a Nearby McDonald's right after we split up at Burger King!" I hear a girl shout.

I sipped happily with my coffee just hearing the nonsense.

"I was hungry- I still am hungry!" Olly shouts.

"What will it take for your stomach to be kept full?!" The same voice shouts.

"Tried pussy lately?!" I recognized Matt's voice retorted and I nearly choked on my cup.

"Mattttttt," I now recognized Mariana's voice moping with embarrassment. I can practically envision this girl turning pink.

"I'll catch up with you guys later, I gotta show Chiharu around the school," I hear Olly's voice fade from a distance.

Foot steps get louder towards my window and the sun projects two shadow figures. No doubt I'm looking at Matt and Mariana right now.

"You can't say stuff like that," Mariana punches him in the shoulder.

"Well have y'all done anything since Christmas?" Matt leans against the window..

they have the slightest clue on who's office they're leaning against right now. I shouldn't eavesdrop but I've literally finished today's tasks in a minimum of two hours because there was peace and quiet. I'm bored now.

"N-no!" Mariana retorts.

"You know, when you give someone your virginity, that means you trust them with maintaining a healthy sex life Mariana," Matt suggests.

This is really good coffee.

"I know.. I'm just- you know my situation. If I strengthen the attachment I already have with Olly by being more intimate with her, I'll have a harder time letting go when it's time to move," Mariana kicks a few pebbles to the side.

Oh my god!

I choked up a good mouthful of coffee after hearing that last bit and quietly rummaged for some napkins.

"You do plan on telling her eventually? Hopefully sooner the better," Matt shifts his stance.

"Of course! The last thing I want to do is leave Olly just like her mom did her..." Mariana's shadow showed her arms flying in the air.

From my office door I hear loud marching and the front desk lady yelling and the second my door opens to the slightest-

"For the love of G-"

"And here we have our beloved principal, can I get a drum roll please?.... Nicoleeeee Watersss!" Olly bursts into my office with a student I don't think I recognize.

"Uh- hi," the student awkwardly bows .

"Marshall, I've had it. I'm serious. I swear by it, I've just had it," the front desk lady storms off as the two kids stand before me in my office with my door wide open.

Olly doesn't seem to be phased, she's just standing there with an approving smile on her face.

I couldn't help but smile at her and greet her friend, "goodmorning. Transfer student?" I set my coffee aside.

"You bet! She even impressed the varsity cheerleading team with her crazy flips her first day here and even turned down the spot!" Olly praised the girl.

"Oh- this is Chiharu. Mariana said it's Japanese or something... that doesn't matter. What matters is that, my new friend here wants to gather information about volley ball try outs- so do I," Olly confidently addresses the reason why she's in my office. That's very sweet of her.

"That shouldn't be a problem," I started going through my sports athletics file cabinet and pulled out Volley ball information. I scanned them through the printer and made two copies for each.

"I hope you'll adjust to the school with ease," I handed Chiharu her personal copy of the information.

"I'll see you in drama I guess," Chiharu bows in front of Olly and me before leaving as the first bell rang.

"Volleyball huh," I raised a brow.

"It can't be that hard," Olly shrugged with a smirk  on her face.

"Well, you have plenty of time to rest up and get those muscles to work again before spring," I smiled up at her.

"Chiharu is gonna be one of those friends for life kind of friend. I can just feel it," Olly smiles proudly at the Volleyball forms.

"She's new here and you two just met. How can you be so sure?" I rested my head into my hand.

"Sometimes... you can just tell by looking because when you look at a person, you say.... yeah, that's definitely the one," Olly's eyes met mine with a genuine smile and my heart stopped beating for a minute.

I wonder if she was aware of what she said. Am I over thinking this situation with my desires to be with her again? Or is this black and white that she's referring to me being part of her life and that someday we'll be together again???

We held our gazes for what felt like minutes but the late bell broke the trance.

Why is my heart suddenly tugging at my chest?...

Mariana's secret.

"See you later Nicole!" Olly rushes out my office and nearly knocks down the front desk lady.

"Goddamn Marshall!"

<><><><><><><>