Chapter 60

Olly's POV

I'm too tired.

I can't even push myself off the bored down the empty pavement on the road. Literally, it's like- what time is it?

I flash my phone on and it's 3am in the morning.

I groan and just drag my board to an empty bench that's across the street from my neighborhood. At least I know where I'm at and I'm alone.

I was deadass too tired and from what I can tell, my phone is almost dead. I don't even care if I fall asleep on this bench under the street light. Male privilege doesn't scare me... unless they're armed. That's not even fair, I'd mop the floor if I was armed.

I blew my hot breath into my hands to keep warm and I shivered in the night until I saw a car pull up next to the street light I sat under.

If you had to guess how tired I was, the exhaust from the vehicle was so warm and comforting, it literally lulled me to sleep.

I faintly head the car door open and close and gentle arms wrap around me. I wanted to put up a front but the way their voice echoed in my head was too angelic. It comforted me. I felt safe.

Nicole's POV

She wasn't answering her phone Damnit. Every hour, I'd look at her location on the find my phone app to see if she's heading her ass safely back to Tampa but I drifted asleep in between my emails.

I woke up in the middle of the night regretting the short nap and checked my phone to see that she's slowed down and about half way across town.

So she made it back that's good.

I laid back down in bed sighing in relief, I'll get on her ass tomorrow as to why she was stranded in Orlando and what was the family emergency about. The look she gave made me worried.

For some odd reason, I couldn't sleep...

I reached over to check my phone to check on Olly's location and it froze- or maybe she stopped moving. She's literally at the bus stop across from her neighborhood. I swear to God if she decided to sleep on a city bench knowing I'm on the same side of the fucking road, I'm killing her.

I threw on my house slippers and a thick matte black puff jacket with rabbit fur outlining the hood.

"F-f-fuck it's freezing," I shiver and start the engine up. Florida had the most bipolar weather.

I gripped my steering wheel tightly trying stay warm as I drive down the street to see a young girl sitting at a bus stop ready to pass out- damnit Olly.

I pull up next to her and she seems so out of it, she can't even process anything.

I sat her in the passenger seat and wrapped her up in my puff jacket, her body is shivering.

I heard her muffle and softly cough as she turns over on her side.

I rested the back of my hand on her forehead as I note that she has a slight fever, nothing but a little sleeping in tomorrow won't help but fix.

As strong and fast that she is, she's just as heavy too. I practically had to drag her out the elevator as she could barely stand on her two feet.

"Damnit Olly," I grunted to myself trying to dig in my pockets for the keys.

"Sorry," she whispered and shifts her weight off me and against the wall.

I wasn't expecting her to do that but she manages to put all her weight into leaning against the wall for support and I notice her nose is slightly red and she sniffles. I didn't even realize she was tearing up.

"I'm so tired, I've never been this tired," she started to cry and I finally found the key to my apartment and I let us in.

Jiggy's a heavy sleeper and he actually likes the cold. I'd leave the sliding glass door open a little in case if he wants to come back inside but for the most part, I find him outside sleeping under his blanket.

I lay Olly on the couch and I held her tightly, it's just a small fever.

"I'll make you some tea," I kissed her forehead.

Olly grabs a hold of me and doesn't let me free, "don't go," she whimpers.

It's been a rarity to see her being vulnerable, and the way it pulls at my heart makes me want to- I don't know, I just wish to be present whenever she's like this.

"Shhh, it's okay. You're safe now," I gently cupped her cheek and kissed her forehead.

"Mm okay," she softly cooperates. I gently stood back up and looked at how adorable she is all wrapped up in my puff jacket. She looked like a little Eskimo girl and her cheeks were flushed pink from her slight cold.

"I thought you were gonna make the tea," she pouted.

I honestly thought she fell asleep, I didn't think she was looking at me still.

"I know," I smiled softly and went into the kitchen.