Chapter 64

Olly's POV

I'm riding around town with the hood down and letting breeze flow through my hair. Jiggy is enjoying the view of the beaches as we go on the ramps leading to the highways.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with Nicole's signature. I know there's a skate/surf shop across town and I think I know what I'm doing, it's just vague.

~~~

I wasn't sure how to leave Jiggy in the car. He needs to breathe and I don't wanna get hijacked... I rolled up the hood again and let the windows up about three quarters so my buddy could still breathe. I think that's the sensible thing to do.

Walking into the shop, my eyes darted to the skateboards currently in season by the best brands. Ugh they look so badass.

"Hey, what can I start you off with?" A man greets me.

I smiled as my mind went completely blank, "can I customize a surfboard here?" I went straight into it.

I suddenly changed my stance as to how dumb I sound. It's fall. Summer is long gone what the hell. I think he noticed me mentally beating myself up and he chuckled.

"Ah don't beat yourself up, only the most competitive surfers go all year round. What kind of shredder you're looking for?" He guides me upstairs where all the surfing gear is at.

"Holy shhh.." My mouth dropped at all the designs and prototypes. I haven't seen one of these in a while...

"Oh a paragon? We have plenty styles for those. Is that the type of deck you wish to customize?" He catches me looking starry eyed at its complexion.

I honestly have no clue, I'm just going with what I feel.

"Does this come in bamboo?" I ran my fingers along the back.

"Yes, I'll go see if we have one in the back," he excuses himself.

I continue to look at the surf board and I start seeing short glimpses of my mom teaching me how to surf... why is she like this? I gritted my teeth. I don't get it. I don't get her.

I get my act together as the man from earlier comes back with a bamboo paragon surfboard and grips for the feet where off white.

"Perfect, I'll take it," I assured him and he grinned.

"Whoah Whoah Whoah, this is just display. These are classics from Hawaii. We can order one for you. But the earliest it will come will be early December..." he softly smiles.

"I'll still take it," I smirked at him with confidence and he just smiles.

"What kind of customization you want for this?" He started ringing up the item and set an extra charge for custom aspects.

"I want a signature carved on the back of it," I told him as I handed him the slips of paper with Nicole's signature on it and he smiled.

"They're gonna love it," he smiles at me and I couldn't help but shrug.

"Not as much as I am," knowing Nicole doesn't surf. I haven't surfed in a while myself but I can most definitely pick up on it in the cold... oh so cold water during the winter and then by spring I should know a few tricks by then. So in the summer, I can teach her... I haven't seen her in a bikini, now I come to think of it- where I am?

"You can come by December 20th. We will gift wrap it, polish it, all of it," he hands me my receipt and a business card for the to the shop with its phone number.

"Thank you," I smiled and left.

I might have to talk to Matt about picking it up because it just occurred to me that I can't scratch the paint on this car. Fuck- I can't. He has cheerleading like- I don't know, almost everyday. I should've thought this through.

I walked back to the car with the cheesiest smile on my face and Jiggy prancing around with excitement at my presence.

I sit him on my lap as I start the engine.

"I know I skipped over like- I don't know how many holidays? But I guess Christmas is the best..." I looked at the sunset as I drove down the highway and jiggy in my lap with his tongue out.

I exit off the ramp and reach a stop light, I got a text message from around two in the afternoon from Nicole:

Nicole: did you go home already? Is jiggy with you?

A warm smile came across my face as the golden sun shined on me and Jiggy.

Olly: I'm coming home :)