Chapter 69

Nicole's POV

I woke up with the biggest hangover... and a faint smell of ketchup- ugh the trauma.

I checked my messages to see if Olly replied back, but no answer. I bit the side of my thumb out of frustration on how I'm going to talk to her. I won't be able to see her at school for sometime. And its not my place to stop by unannounced. The hell do I do?

I groan and decided to scroll on Instagram and see what kind of cheesy uplifting shitty ass quotes can I find, but damnit it was no use.

I kept on scrolling on my time line and then holy fuck-h

Repping my class with class🖤💋 #keywest
Creds: savvy.ana 📸

Jesus fu- Olly...

My eyes were glued to the picture of her. How is this even being finalized? Who approved that this will be in the yearbook? I can count at least more than one dress code violation- Miriam, the school librarian even liked the photo?!

God, who wouldn't? Just look at her.

"Who's the person getting the credit?" I mumble to myself and tapped the tag.

I like- totally missed practice for this shirt🥰
# keywest

I could feel grit in my mouth make that uncomfortable feeling as my jaw contracts in anger. That's Olly's T-shirt. I swear I've seen her wallow around in it like it's the only piece of clothing she has to wear when she'd come to my place.

The funny about this is I barely even recognized Mariana, I've always seen her with curly hair or in a tight bun... now that I think of it, Why is Mariana always around whenever me and Olly are in a rough spot- it's like she knows her cue.

who am I kidding? I pretty much dumped Olly in the most fucked up way possible.

I flopped back into my bed staring at my ceiling fan spin around in circles, as I beat myself up. Why did I even say those harsh things to her face like that?

I know better.

I receive a call from Olly's guidance counselor,
"Hello," I became attentive.

"Miss waters? I hope I didn't wake you, but this is urgent.... we just received an anonymous tip in regards to yesterday's incident. But to sum it all up, Monday, we will have the truth and hardcore evidence of who did what," she informs me.

My body became frozen at the heads up, "is there anything else?" I forced myself to speak.

"Nothing too major, but the students seem riled up about this. They too believe that Olly had nothing to do with this, some even wrote a statement confirming her whereabouts leading up to the moment. But anyways, we'll all know the truth on Monday morning. Have a good weekend," the woman hangs up the line and the phone slips out of my hand into my bed sheets....

"The students are protesting about Olly's punishment?" I curled up into a ball and looked back up into the ceiling groaning.

<><><><><><>