Chapter 145

Cindy's POV

I had all the potential candidates lined up on the mats and one by one, I critiqued each routine in silence.

Everytime I was writing, I could feel Chiharu staring at me.

She won't get to me.

So far I only had three girls step to the side and I was going through the line fairly quickly. I kept my eye out for girls who were athletic. It's less work to train someone who's already in shape than to train someone who has nothing to offer.

It didn't take long before Chiharu was standing before me. Damn.. I think this is a good chance for me to apologize. I know what's its like to have pressure on you and you can't perform the best that you could because of it..

"Chiharu, could you please come over here please?" I called her over as I finish the last of my notes of the previous performance.

"Hello," her voice was pure silk in my ears. Everything was soothing. Here goes.

"Look, I just want to apologize for the way I acted earlier. That was very inappropriate of me and I shouldn't have done that. I understand if what I did earlier conflicts with your audition and would be more than welcomed to letting you audition Again later this week," I finally looked up at her too meet her gaze.

Her eyes were grey and blue as they pierce right through me. Olly and this girl could be long lost sisters at this rate because Olly's eye are the same except, she has shades of green in hers.

"Thank you," she bowed her head at me and I stuttered taken aback.

"Please, don't let it get to your head. I'm just saying thanks. I'm not worshiping you," she smirks at me I started flipping through pages off of my clipboard.

"Y-you're next," I muttered out of frustration. What's her fucking problem?

After hooking up her song to the play list, I found my foot tapping to the rhythm of it.

No.

I stomp my foot down and hid behind my clipboard after realizing I was drawing attention to myself.

My eyes remain on Chiharu and she whirls her leg around her front side and whips it back as her back arches and her legs adjust into lunge position.

A few second went by and she pulls her leg forward performing a front flip on beat and then she does a backflip on beat, and beat after beat, she continuously lands an Ariel, a front handstand and a back hand stand all in coordination to the beat.

"Oh my god she could replace Rachel with her acrobatics," I hear one of the girls from the bleachers mumble. She's not wrong either.

Pulling back her ponytail in place, Chiharu's hips move in sync with the rhythm as her hands and feet coordinate with the movements of the beat. it was hypnotic.

After a minute as passed, I Fought myself and walked over to the stereo and stopped the music. Chiharu held her head high as her chest rose and fell trying to breathe.

"Rest position," I instructed calmly and her
"Well now, judging by the intimated looks in the room, I think Key West came across their greatest member yet. Congratulations, you've secured a spot on the Varsity team," I looked Chiharu in the eyes and still tried to contain myself under her embrace.

"Mmmm eh- no thanks," she stretches and grabs her towel from the mat.

She- I- what?!

"No thanks?.... no thanks?! This isn't some hand out," I turned my nose up at her. Has she lost her damn mind. To just turn down one of the most once in a life time offer?

"Technically it is... I was given a hand out because I'd make a great candidate. So the likelihood of me making the cut was pretty high as is," she shares her thoughts and reasoning.

"Not. Another. Word. What was the point in you coming out and you weren't even going to join the team?" I could feel my face burn inside and out.

"I have something on my personal agenda, she emphasized.

"Well I hope you accomplished whatever the hell it was. You can leave," I pointed at the door.

"Can I get your number?" She continues to run her mouth.

"What?!" I raised my brow at her and found myself standing toe to toe with her.

"I have Olly's, Matt's and Mariana's already. Might as well get yours as well you know," she shrugged and I was beyond pissed.

"If you think I'm going to hand my number over like it's a handout, I'm not the fucking one!" I warned her and she remained smiling with that stupid look on her face.

"Alright alright, I'll try again tomorrow," she starts walking out.

"There won't be a tomorrow!" I shouted across the court with my fist in the air.

"Yeah, whatever. We'll see about that, tomorrow," Chiharu continues to meddle with me on her way out.

She is crazy.

She's crazy, simple. No way. Not ever.

"Cindy!" Matt hollered.

"FUCKING WHAT DONAVAN?! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?" I threw my hands up in the air.

"You gotta finish auditions," Mariana points out the remaining line up girls.

"Oh my FUCKING god," I stomped back over to my table and flopped in my seat.

"Next, the fuck?" I retorted.

<><><><><><><>