Chapter 55

Olly's POV

My phone has a habit of waking me up at the worst times. Time to start off my weekend with the most irritating mother.

I groan as I dramatically roll off the air mattress and groan as my face hits the cold wooden floor.

"What on earth are you doing?" I hear a muffled voice from Nicole.

"Trying to wake up," i grumbled and flung myself up to sit upright.

"You're to never wake me up," I could hear her tease and I toss a pillow at her head.

I threw on my clothes and grabbed my keys. Jiggy skimps into the bedroom hearing them jingle and I kneel to pick him up.

"I'll come back some time tomorrow and we can watch the sunset," I kissed his paw and his head. Something about my attachment do this dog has brought out the child in me.

I set him back down and he teethes a toy of a hotdog diligently in his dog bed.

Nicole gets out of bed with a blanket wrapped around her body and she cups my cheek, "text me sometime tomorrow?" She leans in to peck my lips.

"Yeah I can sext you tomorrow," I acted cluelessly and she smirks. Fuck that's hot.

<><><><><><><><><>

"I don't want you over there anymore!" My mother yelled.

Blah, bla-blah, bla-blah. Yeah okay.

"I don't like how you popped up unannounced but nothing goes our way does it?," I reasoned. But I think I just tossed gasoline to a wildfire.

"Olivia Marshall! I don't want you to set foot in the apartment and if you do I'm filing a restraining order on you for the suspicion of sexual misconduct," She roared.

"I'm only there for the sake of keeping a puppy damnit bitch!" I slammed my hands on the table fed up with the shit.

"Olly!" My dad yelled.

"No, seriously. She's never said anything nice about me since she's been here. I strongly believe this prick is not my legitimate mother!" I stormed up the stairs and grabbed my 'lucky' beanie and the skateboard that Nicole worked so hard to replicate.

"Where do you think you're going? It's pitch black," my mom sassed.

"I'm not going anywhere," I hissed.

I walked out into the lot and threw the two items that reminded of my mother down. I stomped to the garage and pulled out a canister of gasoline.

"Now, Olly, I know your conflicted but please be mindful of what you're doing," my dad tried to calm me down.

"I know exactly what I'm doing," I uttered and drenched everything in gas.

"I'm letting go of the past. If that bitch over there really is my biological mother, she doesn't deserve to have the pleasant memories I had of her before she resurfaced in my life."

I tossed a lit match and watched the flames go up in the winter night sky and my tears streamed down my face.

I sat down on the concrete and quietly cried to myself in silence. I can't believe that's my mom. She's nothing I remembered from in my childhood.

The flames started to die down and I dusted myself off before turning around. I see my dad looking at me with sad eyes and he rushed over to give me a hug. That's exactly what I needed too.

I look over and for once, I actually my mom show emotions for a change... she's crying.