Chapter 53

Olly's POV

I just got back from the vet, and boy was that bill fat.

"Take it easy, would you?" I struggled to get a hold of Jiggy and he still thinks I'm trying to hold him down to get another shots. I didn't enjoy doing that and hearing him make those sounds. I damn well nearly cried.

"We're home, see- erm Nicole's place," I quickly corrected myself and he seems to have calmed down. I don't know about Jiggy, but the familiar smell of her champagne toast candles really does make things cozy.

I set down Jiggy and he skips around, still trying to adjust to his cast. He should be able to take it off in a few days, but still, I don't want to risk anything.

I found a towel and grabbed his throw blanket and laid it out on the balcony. I'm tired as shit and for only having two classes a day, that's something. I figured watching the clouds would calm things down for me. I haven't been home in nearly 24hrs and I don't want be there; ever since mom showed up out the blue, I haven't been able to relax. Playing "clouds" has always been a personal favorite for me when I'm alone. I would try to guess the shapes the clouds would make and my favorite cloud so far is a short and stubby one; "Michael's dick," i snickered.

The second I lay on my back, I felt a shit ton of relief rush over me and Jiggy skips to lay on my stomach. I giggled and scratched behind his ear.

It didn't take long for me to doze off into a deep sleep. This shit was relaxing: hearing airplanes pass, birds chirp, the AC humming. A cool winter breeze brushes up against the bare skin of my legs while my oversized sweatshirt keeps me warm. Who wouldn't fall asleep to this?

<><><><><>

"Mmmm- I swear I made sure the tires weren't flat," I moaned and twitched my face away to the side.

"Olly, get up. I'm home," an angelic voice echos and slowly start to regain focus. I could smell champagne toast awakening my senses, God I love that scent on her. And the fact her apartment smells like it too, I'm obsessed.

My heart fluttered hearing Nicole say she's home... I like the thought of that- I- no.

I quickly sat straight up and nearly woke up Jiggy who's finally settled down with all the shots he's taken from earlier.

Warm arms cradle me to relax. "I didn't mean to startle you. Bad dream?" She cooed me and rested her chin on my shoulder. Her skin was soft and her hair was somewhat damp. I didn't even hear her come in.

"I- no," I fumbled, trying obviously failing trying to maintain composure with my thoughts. I stroked Jiggy's golden fluffy fur with the side of my finger trying to form my words but I couldn't form any except what I had just thought.

"Talk to me," she helps me carry Jiggy to his dog bed and sits me on the couch.

"I don't know, we need to talk. Or maybe I need to talk. I don't know it's just- you make me feel something that I've never felt before. I've never dated a day in my life, I used to do hookups just for fun until you came along. I swear, the first time my body touched yours, I didn't want to touch anyone else the way I touched you because you've touched me in ways no single hookup could have ever touched me. I talk to my friends about love and what the hell it means and I think this is it. It's not just a feeling, it's a thought- a statement." I blurted.

Nicole's hand flinches off my thigh, "oh- my... wow," she whispers.

I immediately get up from the couch and go to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. I can't do this, I can't, I just confessed love. Is it natural to the air in your lungs become slim?

"Olly, wait," Nicole rushes over to cut me off from the fridge. I was fighting tears and trying to forget what happened but I have to remind myself what I said in order forget it and then this loophole just keeps replaying in mind that I actually said it.

"I'm sorry, I'll keep to myself. I just needed to get that off my chest. I don't know what to do," I whispered and stared at the tiled floor, tracing over the white lines with my peripheral vision.

"No, Olly. Say it. I want to hear you say it," she grabs my face with both her hands and brings me closer to her.

"I- I can't. What if I got it all wrong?" My hot tears dropped on her white tank top.

"I've doubted you in some situations, but I assure you, this isn't one," she kisses my forehead.

I was struggling to breathe. I've never felt like this. And disappointing her felt beyond words of what I'm trying to formulate words for right now. I clench on her wrists and look her in the eye...

"I love you."