Chapter 89

Matt's POV

Me and Olly were walking our way to Principal Water's office and she sighed in relief, "thanks for coming along with me," she gave me an assuring smile.

"Bruh no problem. I just thought you might need some backup if she does anything funny" I implied that she might try to break a move whe Mariana isn't looking. But I felt guilty for assuming that Olly would let herself be vulnerable to the offer.

"That means a lot. Considering you're the only one that knows what me and Nicole had going on. I just really want things to work out between me and Mariana. I didn't like what I felt when those harsh things were said to my face. I felt like a monster..." She stared off into space.

I know Olly, better than anyone in this school. She's nothing like a monster or a bully. She takes one for the team. I don't think Nicole understands how bad she hurt Olly. Like not only did you look her in the eye and said that shit, you used it as a reason to break up with her.

Every now and then, I catch Olly lost in her thoughts, and I bet it's because of what she just told me. Pisses me off more. She has enough on her plate. The last thing she needs is the person she allows herself to be the most vulnerable with to look at her like she's the worst human being to walk the earth.

"Matt, Olly; it's nice seeing you this morning. What can I help you two with?" I snap back into reality. Damn when did we get here?

"Field trip forms is all," I recovered and I saw Olly staring at the ground. It's like she's glaring at it but then her face softens.

"Yeah the field trip forms are pretty much it," she shrugs.

I arched Nicole type up the documents on her computer and she prints them out. I caught her staring at Olly while Olly was texting...

"Who's that?" I became nosy, I didn't share a glance with Nicole. I actually was nosy.

"Nothing!" Olly blurts and I see Mariana's name pop up on her phone.

"I'm so telling Cindy," I smirk and she gets frustrated.

"You're supposed to be on my side man," she whined and I laughed.

"Here you two go," Nicole approaches us with pens. I questioned it at first, but it seemed sensible since we're already here.

I thought it was just me, but I'd occasionally glance at Nicole to see her staring at Olly. She misses her that much?

"And I'm out," Olly shoots her pen into the pencil cup and grabs her skateboard.

"Where'd you think you're going without me?" I scribbled my signature and handed Nicole my pen.