Chapter 76

Mariana's POV

"Drink! Drink! Drink! Drink!"

Me and Olly balance ourselves on a stool standing on one foot and chug a cup of beer. She sucks at Rock Paper Scissors, who the hell picks paper three times. I'm not gonna lie, she's a worthy opponent.

"It's a tie again!" Matt shouts.

"Fuck the cups, hand them the bottle!" Rachel cracks open two more bottles and hands them to us.

"I didn't get the title of 'Olly the Great' for no reason," Olly smirks at me as she readies herself to stand on one foot.

"I didn't become varsity co captain for no reason either," I smirk back. She's so fucking hot, especially in that costume. I'm so glad I picked it by accident- NOT. I so gave that to her on purpose.

My mind focuses on the countdown and we chug again. After a few swallows, I start to lose balance.

"Bitch, go into 3rd position!" Cindy shouts. She's right, I can't lose.

"Olly, you bad bitch! Doing this in heels! MADONNA COULD NEVER" Matt yells. We practically matched.

Olly still chugs down her beer and sends a wink at me.

I'm not losing.

I did as Cindy yelled and raised my leg straight up aligned with my head and I felt a lot more stable in this position.

The people around us cheered and howled like crazy. I finished my bottle and toss to the crowd as they cheer.

"Olly! Olly! Olly!" They raved and I look back to see Olly getting carried by the crowd and she flips her empty beer bottle and lands it by the cap, making everyone even more rowdy.

"Hey, take me to Mariana!" She shouts and everyone passes her down towards me.

As they carefully put her down, Olly grabs my
Wrist and raises it up in the air as the crowd roars.

"RACHEL SET THE KEGS UP!" Someone yelled from my backyard and people start to pool to the back.

"Normally, I avoid parties as much as possible, but this was fun," Olly smiles and wraps her arm around the back of my hip.

"How are you not slurring?" I hiccup. Damn I regret chugging.

"I doubt you'll be saying that in an hour from now," she giggles into my ear making everything tingle. Ugh, I hate being a lightweight, I'm already tipsy.

I literally face palm myself and I topple over Olly but she catches me, "Whoah there lightweight, let's get you seated on the couch," she clears the empty cups from it and makes a spot for me.

I just flopped on top of her instead and she groans a laugh. Olly gets her self comfortable, trying lie down and I just feel all my weight go up into thin air every passing second I'm laying on top of her.

"Not fair," I pouted.

"What? Being a lightweight drinker?" She teased.

"No, I wanted to get you tipsy so I could ask you if you liked me, but instead I'm the one that's tipsy," I fumbled around with my words.

I still felt guilty and ashamed. Ms. Waters was right, it does sound fucked up and childish.

"Yeah that's pretty lame. You could've asked me that before the party and I would've answered it," she laughs easing my thoughts.

"Well..." I shrugged and I propped myself up and traced the lining of her v-neck.

"What?" She looked at me just as confused and I sighed.

"I'm tipsy not wasted. Do you like me back?" I went straight to it.

I didn't get a response, but I got an answer..