Chapter 131

Olly's POV

I want you to travel- don't tell me you and your father are alike- this isn't you, I know it's not- I choose her and will always choose her- Olly...Olly... Olly!

My eyes blurred as everything around me was bright and transparent everytime I tried to maintain focus. My head was pounding from the rapid beating in my chest and a constant high pitched ringing sound kept making my eyes heavy and roll to the back of my head.

"Fuck," I quietly groaned and laid my head back to close my eyes for a mere second.

Chatter started to become less vague and grunted sitting back up to realize I'm in the back of the ambulance bandaged up. I saw fire trucks hosing down wreckage from the truck and a news van making a report.

"They can't take me in," I mumbled trying to remember everything that's happened tonight.

I hate hospitals and the last place I want to end my night is in one.

I took off all the things that were poking me and realized I'm drenched in blood on my white sweater... I just bought this, mannn.

One foot in front of the other i clumsily toppled over a wheel chair and used that to get around.

"Ma'am?! You need to go back," an on field nurse rushes to me and I waved her off.

"The boy. Where is he," I ignored her and my eyes groggily searched for the young boy I saved from a possible holiday tragedy.

My heart slowed as I spot him from afar talking to a police officer and Jerry across from them explaining what the hell happened.

I heard barking coming towards me and golden fur ball pounces into my lap and whines as he licks me repeatedly. I laugh and hugged Jiggy tightly regardless of the pain my legs I was feeling and the aching feeling I had at the back of my head.

"Hey buddy," I kissed him and I smiled at him as he just stares at me while pawing my shoulder.

"Olly," I hear a little boy call and he comes rushing towards me as well while being wrapped up in a blanket. He wraps his arms around my neck and Jiggy rests his head on top of the boy.

"I can't remember your name, what was it?" I looked at him carefully.

"Xavier," he said proudly.

"Don't worry, the doctor lady said you more than likely have a mild concussion so some things might seem fuzzy to you," he explains to me and I contemplated on why his name still didn't ring any bells.

"Ma'am, you really need to-" I ignored the nurse again.

"Where's my phone?" I started getting irritated with her.

Without hindering me anymore, she hands me my phone and I see a couple missed calls from Matt, Cindy, Mariana and my dad... and my social media platforms being tagged in images of a blown up truck. This can't be good.

I set up a group chat that also included my dad so I can all inform that I'm alright. I just have a mild concussion and a few body aches here and there.

Olly: P.S my head hurts so try not to overdo it with the replies. Dad, can you get my car? I'll have Nicole drop me off. I just don't feel very talkative, my head is killing me... thanks.

I took a deep breath trying to relieve the strain of concentrating on sending a few text messages took me and I groaned trying to put my phone in my pocket.

"Olly," I hear a woman cry and she rushes towards me.

"I thought I lost you," she clings on to me tightly and continuously sobs into my neck as her hot tears trickled down my body.

Oh, Nicole...

"I've gotten away with blowing up Michael's car, I can get away with escaping death by fireworks," laughed.

"Olly, this isn't a joke," she lifts my face and I found myself looking in her direction where a swarm of cameras and woman with a microphone was rushing towards me.

"How does it feel to be a hero of a young boy and his family over the holidays?!" She shoves the mic in my face and the blinding light was overwhelming.

"No questions. Have some decency, she has a mild concussion!" Nicole scolds them and I waved off.

"It's fine, I'll answer this one question," I put on a mere smile and held up my head. The news reporter looked guilty but she eagerly held the microphone to my face at a reasonable distance.

"I don't feel like a hero... I feel like shit," I summed it up straight forward and shook my head with a smile. No way in hell someone's going to hire me for using profanity on live television.

I strolled away with the help of Nicole pushing me and we found a quiet spot to talk.

"At least winter break doesn't end until a few days," she made the conversation light and brief.

"What exactly happened? I can only remember running to the truck to see the boy's face and I tried to break him out... I literally asked him for his name and it's still fuzzy to me," I felt so out of it.

"Xavier. Xiavier is my nephew that you saved tonight Olly," she started to cry more.

Nicole dropped to her knees and held my fucked up hand to her lips to kiss and she presses the back of my palm against her head as she continued to cry helplessly.

"Olly, you saved him when no one else could. You risked your life for someone you don't even know!" She held my hand tightly and she winced in between sniffles.

"There are so many things that happened this year that happened because of you, and I'm grateful for each one. I don't give a damn what Mariana or any of your friends have to say. I am devoted to you every chance I get Olly. Goddamnit there's no way I can get over you after tonight," her voice croaked and I found myself hiccuping tears.

My temples started to ache as I continued to cry at Nicole's words. I found myself struggling to breathe and everything started to fade black.

Jiggy's barking echoed as Nicole jumped up to her feet yelling at me and I couldn't feel anything but Jiggy's fur escape my finger tips.

<><><><><><>