Chapter 61

Nicole's POV

I woke up bright and early, I checked up on Olly and just as I assumed, her fever died down after the tea I gave her last night.

Jiggy woke up a little after I put her down to sleep so now they're both cuddled up together sleeping on the couch.

I immediately called Jim's phone for the dealership and he sounded like shit- there's no way to sugar coat this.

"Jim here," he drags.

"Hey, it's Nicole," I started.

Olly's dad quickly cleared his throat and pulled his act together, "goodmorning! Car troubles before school I presume?"

"No, I just thought that you should know, Olly's here at my place if you were wondering where she was. I used the number you gave me for her and tracked her. Call me creepy but I was concerned as to why she was being picked up in first period yesterday by her mother, Olivia signed it off as family emergency," I explained.

A sigh of relief overcame him, "thank you. I'm serious. I don't care what you call it, but thanks to your creepiness she's somewhere safe. How is she? Me and her mother got into last night, sorry if I sound sore," he thanked me.

"No worries. Jiggy is also glad that she's okay," I eased the seriousness of this conversation. What mother leaves their child stranded? Olly literally rode god knows how many buses to get back here.

"She just has a slight fever. I didn't give her any medication, just some tea and honey. I'm no doctor, but she should sleep in. I'll leave a note for her to call you as soon as she gets up. I'm sure you want her home," I walked over and check on her temperature again and she's starting to get a little warm.

"I'm sorry to put this on you Ms. Waters," he apologizes.

"No need Jim, if you don't mind me asking, what is the family emergency? Is everything okay?" I heard a long sigh from the phone.

"That's the thing... there wasn't one. Excuse me, I have to sort things out. This draws the line," his voice becomes low and stern.

"Best of luck," I concluded and hung up.

"You can't make me go to school. I feel like shit," I hear Olly on the couch.

"No one's making you. Now rest," I kissed her head and she nodded dozing back to sleep with jiggy being wrapped in her arms.