Chapter 109

Olly's POV

I'm watching families playing and taking cute photos in the snow as I walk down the cobblestone pathway, heading over to the cheer team's log cabin..

...Nicole was completely wasted night.

I made her some tea and left it at her nightstand if she has a headache. I'm not surprised she's sleeping in. I rummaged her room from head to toe and flushed every liquid of alcohol she had. She can yell at me all she wants but this for her own good. I don't want to see her like that- ever.

She's been through enough as is, I couldn't imagine what pain she's keeping bottled up so tightly when she had lost her baby.

A slight sharp pain broke my thoughts and cold liquid dripped the side of my face.

"I'm soooo sorry- KIDS! over here, NOW," a woman comes up to me embarrassed, as she yells back.

I'm still trying to figure out how a snowball hits me until I realized that there's about four kids in front of me lined up looking guilty as shit.

"We're sorryyyy," they all said in sync and I just smiled.

"Hmmmm I think Santa will forgive you if I can too," I smiled brightly and they all sighed in relief.

"Whew!" A little boy heaved with his hands on his knees and I giggled.

"Hey, thanks for not being a jerk to them," their mom greeted me as she shoo'ed them off.

"They're just kids," I looked at the four siblings running around chasing each other with piles of snow... I wished I had siblings, I'm grateful for the current friends I have. I just- I don't know, I want someone who can look up to me with the glimmer and wit they all share.

The closest thing is that is Jiggy...

"Hey, Marshall!" my thoughts broke away.

"Enjoy your holidays," the mother blushed lightly and waved goodbye at me as she catches up to her kids and herds them away from a passing stranger.

I smiled as I shook my thoughts away and focused back to Matt's voice and the whole cheer team was following behind him.

Weird, I don't see Cindy around.

"Hey man," me and him do our handshake.

"Hey Ollyyyyyy," the girls said in sync and I chinked a smile and waved back.

"Have a Merry Merry rest of your day man," Matt grips my shoulder and wiggles his brows before walking off and Cindy pops up in front of me as I turn back to face their cabin.

"Oh- hey Cindy," i chirped and she gave me this sly smirk... knowing her, either something's up or- nope, there's not other option. Something's up.

"Have fun Ollyyy, tootle-loooo," she waved as she skips in the snow.

I took a heavy sigh as to what the hell those two are up to, but only God can answer that right now because I have the slightest clue.

I stomp the snow off before knocking- well the door was opened for me and a wave of heat flushed my face. Literally and emotionally.

"Coffee, tea, or cocoa?" Mariana wears a black silk robe with some stockings. Her hair was blown out and didn't have that peppy hairstyle... she looks- I don't know.. elegant. I don't even know how to word this properly I'm so damn speechless.

She effortlessly runs her hands through her hair and it falls back down maintaining its volume. I- wow.

It's not like her to smirk unless she's joking, but the arch in her brow really gets under my skin.

"Uh- whatever you're having," I did my best to look at the young woman respectfully but my eyes were wandering her overall complexion.

With every step she took, her hair bounced and flowed with ease. It's too hot in here, I don't even want the hot beverage anymore...