Chapter 21

Olly's POV

The sun was on the brink of setting and Matt offered me a ride to the beach after changing out of my clothes; I wore a ruffled white blouse with ripped denim shorts and wore an ankle bracelet that seashells on them. I won't be needing shoes if we're going to the beach.

I come out the car and the cheerleaders greeted me in their bikinis and I Marianna lingering from behind as the adorable nervous wreck she is.

"Since we're seniors, consider this a one time thing, bow your head Olly." Cindy commanded.

I lowered my stance and she places a flower crown on my head and our school's photography club flashed their cameras and one of them handed me a polaroid layout photo of the sun beaming on my skin and my blue ocean eyes reflecting with my dirty blonde hair flowing in the wind.

I looked so... beautiful. Really beautiful.

We all spent most of the time in the water and tanning, jocks played moss a lot.

Music played as some of the football jocks started cooking while we all played limbo, volley ball and even helped gather items for a bon fire.

Someone brought a ton of marshmallows for smores since the cake was destroyed in it's prime.

I had a red cup full of bear and found my arm wrapped around Mariana and we laughed into each other's ear the whole evening.

She's really funny after teasing her about how quiet she is.

Soon it was night time, I was slightly buzzed but not too buzzed. Torches were lit across the sidewalk to surround the perimeters and we headed back towards the picnic tables to the smell of food. When everyone got their plates, I decided to get mine.

"Wait, the queen didn't get served first?" Matt yelled and everyone stopped eating and looked at me.

I saw a familiar white jeep pull up and I knew it was Nicole. She looked beautiful as ever and had a box that was gift wrapped.

I nearly jumped with excitement and licked my lips when I saw the out fit she was wearing. I eyed her exposed leg and shook my head.

"No queen would ever eat before her people knowing that they are hungry." I bowed my head.

"here, here!" the football raised their cups. And everyone continued to eat.

I made my way to Nicole and she had a big smile. But deal's a deal.

"Alright, consider it set in stone," I shrugged with a small smile, I'm not happy that she showed up according to our deal, but at least she didn't come empty handed.

"Thank you for coming."

She looked at me confused but then she was a little bummed out, "Oh yeah, I did show up.. A woman of your word," She was about to hand me my present but Cindy scooped it before I could even touch it.

"I did not spend two weeks in agony suffering from a boring ass school because you decided to fall off the face of the earth and decide to come back on your birthday like you were rebirthed to just 'accept' gifts. I have a gift unwrapping session scheduled before we make smores." She sassed and walked away with my present.. bummer.

"I hope I didn't miss out on too much," she started.

"that goes vice versa," I bit my lip and took in her presence.

I caught myself.

"Damn, I'm sorry," I cursed. I couldn't help it and she blushed.

She never blushes... I mean not willingly of course, I normally have to argue with her.

"I hope you enjoy the rest of your night.. Ms. Waters," I ended the small talk.

"Hey Olly come play beer pong!" one of the jocks called.

"Beer what?!" Nicole said and I busted out laughing.

"Hey, this is a beach, not school. Besides you're off the clock." I winked and walked off.

<><><><><><><><>
Mariana with curly hair:

<><><><><><><><>Mariana with curly hair: