Chapter 167

Olly's POV

"No, I don't feel like going anywhere today, I have work," I explained myself over the phone to Mariana.

"Olly, you've been dodging me this entire spring break," she whined in her really cute tone. I couldn't help but smile and shake my head.

"It's busy, lots of tourists are gonna be out and about," I sat in my bed with my sports bra and ripped jeans. Matt slipped in the room and sat in my Rollie chair for my desk.

"Bummer... so I won't see you at all?" Mariana mopes.

"I'll let you know the second I have a spare minute," I smiled weakly and Matt shrugged as I hung up.

"So, what's the dealy-ooo pally-ooo," he spins around in a circle.

"Is Mariana keeping something from me? No cheerleader code or shit, just be straight up," I tossed my phone aside and Jiggy hops up to lay his head on my lap.

Matt stops spinning and makes eye contact with me. My eyes shifted towards his arms laying on the arm rests and they gripped the handles..

"Olly- it's not my place," he fumbles around.

"I respect that, but can you tell me how long you've known or how long she's kept it?" I shrugged and looked up at the ceiling trying to understand what the hell is going on.

"The log cabin," he fesses.

"December?! Th-this is fucking March!" I exclaimed in a tone I wasn't sure to call; I wasn't angry, but I was confused and in shock- a calm mannered shock.

"sit Jiggy," I pointed at his dog bed and reached behind my pillow to pull a sack of dog treats and tossed one to him.

"Uh- yeah, I told her that she should tell you," Matt scratches the back of his neck. It doesn't matter now. I've been kept in the dark... I still am because he won't tell me.

But he's right, it's Mariana's secret to tell, not his.

"Does Cindy know?" I groaned and flopped back on the bed.

There was no response.

"Matt Donavan, does Cindy know?" I sat up and looked at how low he was hanging his head. He doesn't even need to say it.. she knows alright.

"So I'm the only one being kept out the loop of- whatever this is, and I'm the one fucking dating her?" I scoffed and shook my head.

"I really want to, you know I hate having to keep things from you that are going to affect you. I told her! I told her to tell you, Olly. I told her that the sooner the better. You know I hate being in a position like this. Mariana is just scared, that's all," he reaches out to place a hand on my shoulder and I just let him comfort me.

"No, it's not your fault or Cindy's... hell, it's not even Mariana's fault," I softly smiled as I stared into my hands..

"What are you talking about?" Matt tighten his grip trying pull me into reality.

"It's my fault..." I saw a tear glitter as it drops from my eye.

"I'm not good at being a girlfriend. If I was, Mariana wouldn't be so scared to tell me whatever it is that she thinks is going to affect our relationship. She doesn't feel comfortable," i clenched my hands into fists.

"N-no, it's nothing like that! Olly!" Matt shook me up and down.

"Look back at Nicole. She literally broke up with me because she really believed I was a horrible person who would cause her harm," I just kept zoning out of space. It may have been ketchup but I'd never humiliate her.