Chapter 63

Nicole's POV

I was in the middle of somewhat enjoying my lunch.. Olly's situation has really made me uncomfortable. I can't believe her mom would do that; leave their child behind.

"I keep telling you, you can't do that!" I hear one of our staff member yell and I pat my lips with a napkin anticipating the only thing that comes across as interesting.

My office door busts open and fucking hell... Olly. How is she even here? Her skateboard and backpack is still in my jeep.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Waters. It seems no matter what I tell Marshall, it just flies out the other end of her hollow head," she glares at the nonchalant student.

"Yeah whatever. I heard you, that doesn't mean I'm going to listen," Olly rolls her eyes making the woman throw a mini fit as she storms off closing the door behind her.

"Olly what are you doing here? I told your father you're sleeping in and that you should
Be heading home now," I threw away my trash and finished my water.

"I need you to sign this," she hands me a slip of paper and clicks a pen.

I almost choked my water for her to be asking for my signature. Come to find out, it's a slip of paper- a blank slip of paper.

"Olly?" I raised a brow at her.

"More writing, less talking," she shrugged impatiently.

I honestly liked her better when she was lying on my couch as her death bed. But no, I just had to nurse you back to health.

"Stop looking at me like that, scirbble scrabble and later on we babble babble," she taps her finger aggressively at the paper.

I choked a laugh at this, I was too amused.

"You know what? Fine," I shook my head with a grin and she sighs in relief.

"Whatever it is that you're up to... I swear to you Olly, my signature better not be at the crime scene or so help me," I smirked a playful glare at her.

I wasn't expecting the reaction she had but she looked off guard and lost in her thoughts.

"I- you have nothing to worry about. See you in a bit," she blushed a bright shade of pink. Her? Blush?

"I still have a fever, bye!" She blurted and ran out my office in a rush.

I couldn't help but wonder what she's up to right now.