Chapter 175

Nicole's POV

"Hey, want me to get another large fry for us to split? the algebra honors math teacher broke my thoughts.

I literally-

Just how exactly-

The possibilities of-

"Well, I'm gonna head to the men's room and I'll be out in about ten minutes and I'll drive you on home," he tidied himself up before throwing away our trash and I'm just left the sight of Olly's back facing me and Matt just casually eating.

"Fuck it," I got up and walked over.

"Oh hey Nicole! What a surprise!" Matt's surprise voice sounded like shit.

"You suck at acting like you're surprised, that's why you got that low grade in theaters with that one project," Olly was soft spoken.

"Huh... that makes sense," Matt contemplates as he takes a sip of his milkshake.

"So you have a date to prom- that's good, is she nice?" I started.

"Just because Matt said something outloud, doesn't mean it's true. Nice to know you're concerned about my dating life," olly plunged a fry in her shake.

"Very true" Matt joined in.

"Are you kidding me? You're suppose to be on my side," i scrunched my face and Matt and threw his hands up in defense.

He can't possibly have forgotten that it was him who said it was best for me to hold off on my emotions for Olly's sake because of the timing of her breakup.

"What's going on, you're practicing yelling at each other with glares," Olly's slightly puffy eyes met mine and my heart sank.

"Nothing, I'm just trying to make sense of things," I caught myself.

She doesn't know that me and Matt have kept in touch ever since me and her broke up.

"Oh for crying out loud, go on Olly, tell Nicole how you felt when you saw her with the algebra teacher and what happened today while I was getting my tattoo- jeez couple's therapy," Matt sighs.

My eyes averted to Olly in an instant and she contained herself.

"Nothing, I overreacted," she replied with a shrug.

"Olly..." I reached out for her hand but she pulled away.

"I guess he's you ride," she gestured behind me and I saw the algebra teacher I spent my night with.. she pisses me off in ways no person should.

"Don't you think for a second that just because a staff member from school can recognize the both of us means you can avoid affection from me," I scolded Olly.

Her eyes lit up at me with a fire Ive always recognized.

"Damn straight, and I will kiss you right here and not care who sees," I pointed my finger at the center of her chest.

"I don't deserve it anyways," she shrugged hopelessly.

Goddamn you, I'm trying to make sense of things and you make zero bloody sense.

"Nicole, I'll get the car ready, you seem to know these people," the man chirped from the other end of the restaurant and headed out.

"Ohhhh yoo hooo, she'll be out in about ten minutes," Matt called him down and made things even more awkward.

Nicole's snapping catches my attention away from Matt and my eyes meet hers again.

"Spill. It." I glared into Olly's eyes and she was still moping.