Chapter 134

Cindy's POV

We just kept replaying it!

The security footage from the complex on the news showed Olly scolding at her dog to stay and she just gave it her all to save that little boy.

Mariana would gasp and eventually tear up whenever it got to the part Olly was projected in mid air and she landed on her back for the boy to use her as a cushion when he lands. It hurt my heart when Jiggy rushed towards Olly and just lied there next to her because she wasn't responding... I would've assumed she died after a blow like that.

"How does it feel to be the holiday hero?" A news caster shoves her mic in Olly's face and I saw Principal Waters go off on everyone and olly answers it.

"I don't feel like a hero, I feel like shit," she said bluntly.

Matt somewhat snickered and shook his head, "doctor said she has a mild concussion, but who's to say it won't affect her? She's naturally like this," he softly smiles at my phone screen.

"I wished they'd let us see her," Mariana pouted. We were bummed out that we rushed from my family's New Year's Gala to go to the hospital and check on Olly just to be told no visitations were allowed.

Matt was so concerned, he couldn't even find his car keys. He biked in his pajamas and socks, he didn't even have a jacket on. Dumbass of a boy he is.

"Maybe we can all stop by her house and see her. She was released not too long after," I suggested and we all thought about it.

"Would it be easier if it was one at a time?" Mariana asked a fairly good question. She literally survived death and is hammered by countless prescription drugs.

"Nah, she's able to put up with us sober. With her on medication, it should ten times easier," Matt replied in the most ignorant yet agreeable way.

"We're all in favor, yes?" I look at Mariana and Matt while they nod their heads.

<><><><><><><>

Its mid day and I was having fun interacting with all the settings on my Tesla. Fucking peasants at school better not dent it with their poverty...

That was so rude of me. I'll apologize to each and every one of their scumbag faces in person as I strut past them in hallways.

Peasants.

"Hurry up Donavan.." I growled, growing impatient with him taking forever.

"Sorry darling, your mother in law was just making sure your hubby was dressed properly this time," Matt hops in already just draining me of what little patience I have left for him.

"I'm going to slit your throat. We're not going to happen as long as I breathe. Don't get on my bad side... we're doing cuts the first week back," I rolled my eyes and he quickly tightened up.

There. That's more like it.

I put in the address for Mariana's house and I scrolled around social media while the car drives itself across downtown.

I already see Mariana bundled up in one of Olly's hoodies and she has a catering order from Panera bread. What does she have planned?

"Go help her put the food in the trunk. No way I'm having it on my seats," i shooed off Matt.

"C'mon Cindy, it's Panera bread. I doubt there's gonna be grease stains. It's not McDonald's," Matt tried to change my mind. I don't ever recall on taking suggestions from a low life like him. Hell, I half ass consider what Mariana suggests and it's only because she's co-captain that makes her somewhat relevant. But for the most part, she does tend to make valid points.

"What did I just tell you to do?" I arched my brow in the mirror and looked at him in the backseat.

Matt scoffs in disbelief as he gets out the car and helps carry the food and Mariana stacks the packages in my trunk neatly. The two got back into the car and it was silent for a brief moment.

"Was that so hard?" I smirked in the mirror and Matt rolls his eyes.

"Not as hard as my dick..." I hear him mumble to himself and Mariana quickly covers her mouth.

"Donavan I swear to god!" I screeched and he snickered with satisfaction of pissing me off.

Piece of shit.

On our way to Olly's house, we found ourselves talking about a cut list when schools starts...

"I don't know Cindy, the girls are just getting back from break. I think we should give them some time to warm back up," Matt eases in.

"Matt we can't afford that. We need girls who actually need to be on their A Game. Competition is in two months from now and who's to say these girls actually exercised as instructed to?" Mariana concluded.

Ugh thank God I have her.

"Besides, it's the start of second semester. We're bound to run into some new people. Who knows, one of them just might have what it takes to keep up," i grabbed my purse and got everyone else out the car as we arrived to Olly's.... residence.

"Afternoon," Olly's dad greets us with a friendly wave and we all returned the gesture.

"She's gonna be stoked to see you folk," he heads in a garage with a tool box and starts to work on a truck.

<><><><><><>