Chapter 140

Mariana's POV

I left study hall... I still have a blank schedule this school year, basically I'm just attending this school to be on the cheer team and get my diploma...

It sucks im leaving the one true place I can finally call home.

I came across Olly, Matt and an outfit I recognized from earlier. Oh my god, Olly did it! They were all laughing together and they calmed themselves as the approached me.

"Mariana, pikachu. Pikachu, Mariana," Matt wipes a tear.

"Matt!" Olly punches his shoulder.

The girl from earlier laughs at both of them and then they all started laughing again. This was so stupid and ridiculous, I started laughing too.

"Okay, okay, what's your name," I stuck my hand out and she accepted the gesture kindly.

"Chiharu," her bright colorful eyes pierced through mine. They're somewhat like Olly's.

"That's a pretty name. Japanese?" I showed interest.

The girl's eyes lit up in fascination and she chinked a really pretty smile, "hey how'd you know?"

"She watches more hent- I mean anime than me," Olly butts in and I flick her in the head as I grabbed her hand and dragged her away so I could walk her to her next class.

"Really?!" I yelled at her with my face flushed bright red and she smiles genuinely. Ugh- she's such a jock.

"I'm sorry," she pulls me in for a hug and kisses my head and cheek multiple times. I eventually give in because who can be mad at Olly?

"She has the same class with me and Matt, I was wondering is it okay if she could sit with us for lunch. She's already met most of us and Cindy's already seen her. All they have to do is introduce themselves- which I don't think will be a problem. Chiharu likes expensive shit, not as much as she likes doing stupid shit. Perfect combo," olly smiles proudly with the way she described her new friend. I, on the other hand, was conflicted.

I know I sound like Cindy when I say this, even when I think it... but with our stats on social media being this high, we can't just stand around with a nobody. I'm not saying she's "nobody" - I fucking love her name and her culture. It's just, these are Cindy's rules not mine. I'm co-captain and I can only bargain for so much. I just hope and pray she makes the team. Cindy's super strict around second semester.

This time of year, rivalries between schools and their cheer teams are brutal. I hear so many rumors about incident reports with cheerleaders being injured, targeted, jumped and raped. I understand Cindy's motto when she says "we don't associate with outsiders," very much. We only stick to ourselves and our families. This is partly why we would go to her about seeing if we should date a specific person or not and see if she approves. She's just trying to look out for us in the most nicest way possible.

"Heyyyyy Marianaaaa bell's about to ring," Olly waves her hand in my face making googly eyes at me.

"Oh hush, I'm walking all three of you to class," I rush back to grab Matt by his ear and drag him along side me.

"Are you guys always like this?" Chiharu tries to hide her laugh.

"You should wait til you meet the other blonde," Matt whined.