Chapter 153

Nicole's POV

"Ladies first," guides me to a seat at the counter of the bar.

"What does that make you then," I cocked a brow.

"A gentle-lady," she adjusts her leather jacket as she sits with me.

It's freezing as shit but I can't help be in awe at the view of the sunset and blue ocean.

Because of the weather, it's practically empty except for a skate park down the block. 'The Landing' ? I don't know, I hear some students call it that.

"What will you be drinking?" The tender dries their hands off and my mind swarmed with drinks I could get tipsy off of.

"Vanilla cola with a few cherries. Easy rocks," I caught myself from temptation.

"A vanilla flavored coca-cola with ice and cherries?" Jay raised her brow at me.

"I don't drink- anymore," I shrugged.

"I don't judge, maybe we could grab a bite and go for a walk on the beach instead. I don't want you to sit here in front of shelves of alcohol if you're trying to avoid them," Jay finishes her drink.

"I'm not that hungry anyways, shall we?" I got back up and she held out her hand.

"We shall."

<><><><><><><><>

"You've only been with one woman?! A lady like you is catch," Jay praises me.

"Although she was younger than me, I definitely learned a trick or two," I smirked at her and Jay's eyes lifted but I was thrown off guard when she smirked back.

"Oh then she doesn't count. I'm in my mid 30's, I'm woman enough for you," her voice spoke with confidence- yet... my skin somewhat boiled at the thought of someone calling Olly a girl. Yeah she's younger, but she's the real catch..

"Rough break up?" The sound of Jay's voice was dimmed by the crashing waves.

"Sadly no... I'm just no good at dating," I shook my head with a smile and fought a laugh.

"You know what they say, practice makes perfect- just practice with me on a regular basis. Cant risk running into creeps and weirdos," she suggests.

"True, but who doesn't like a little adventure?" I looked up at her.

We stopped and stared at one another for a brief moment, but the sound of kids and screeching wheels caught me ears and brought me back into reality.

"Adventure huh, let's wander around for tonight and see where might end up at," she takes me hand.

"Where are we gonna go?" I got a little nervous that she's the one taking the lead and I don't know where I'm going.

"We can start off by that skate park, Im sure the kids here won't mind a small audience," we make our way over to the wooden boardwalks and through the fence gate to the park.

The terrain was mixed with everything, there was concrete, brick and metal in the dome shaped bowl.

It was fairly crowded and there was a lot of chanting as well, it's hard to make out what they're saying.

"Hey there's a good spot over there," Jay points out as my eyes wander across the scenery. It literally looks a punk rock band concert right now.

She was right, this is a good spot, we can see everything in the park from this location.

"Dude, she flipped off the rail and landed on the board with her hands. She's gonna do it again!" A group of younger boys rush towards one side of the rink.